Celebrity Cruise Weddings - any advice/insight???

slp9178

My fiance and I were recently engaged, and for several reasons, we are not interested in having a BIG wedding ceremony and reception. We want to keep it simple and very, very small and we love cruising, so we thought a cruise wedding would be a great idea. My parents, who are VERY experienced cruisers, and my travel agent both recommend Celebrity for the excellent quality of the food and the service. Both my parents and my travel agent have plenty of experience with Celebrity cruises, but no experience specifically with Celebrity weddings.

I was wondering if anyone here had any advice or insight into weddings on this cruise line. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! :)

I responded to your question on the Celebrity boards and I will respond here as well, Celebrity Wedding info is few and far between.

We are getting married on the Reflection with between 60 and 70 guests (not quite sure where we sit now). We decided on a destination wedding because we knew we wouldn't make everyone happy at home, we love cruising, and this is a little bit more low-key (or we thought it would be).

Our experience with The Wedding Experience has been great, they have been wonderful about answering all of my questions (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and always providing the information I have asked for. They have got me in touch with a specific person regarding the license requirements and she has been very helpful because some of the documents sound scarier than they really are.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask

We are getting married while on a cruise on the Celebrity Summit in February (actual wedding date is Valentine's day). We were going to go through the cruise line and have the wedding on the ship initially, but then we decided to get married in St. Thomas, so some guests who don't want to cruise can fly there (we have quite a few people doing this). They have been pretty good but there have been a few poor customer service experiences with guests calling to book their rooms. Otherwise, all my research has shown its one of the best lines to go for a wedding and we found an excellent wedding planner (Janelle from Island Bliss) in St. Thomas through these boards. Even though we are not having the actual wedding on the ship we have worked with them to have the $75 obc for each room go towards obc and a cocktail party for all the guests the first night so everyone can get to know who they are cruising with, etc.

I responded to your question on the Celebrity boards and I will respond here as well, Celebrity Wedding info is few and far between.

We are getting married on the Reflection with between 60 and 70 guests (not quite sure where we sit now). We decided on a destination wedding because we knew we wouldn't make everyone happy at home, we love cruising, and this is a little bit more low-key (or we thought it would be).

Our experience with The Wedding Experience has been great, they have been wonderful about answering all of my questions (no matter how ridiculous) quickly and always providing the information I have asked for. They have got me in touch with a specific person regarding the license requirements and she has been very helpful because some of the documents sound scarier than they really are.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask

We are getting married while on a cruise on the Celebrity Summit in February (actual wedding date is Valentine's day). We were going to go through the cruise line and have the wedding on the ship initially, but then we decided to get married in St. Thomas, so some guests who don't want to cruise can fly there (we have quite a few people doing this). They have been pretty good but there have been a few poor customer service experiences with guests calling to book their rooms. Otherwise, all my research has shown its one of the best lines to go for a wedding and we found an excellent wedding planner (Janelle from Island Bliss) in St. Thomas through these boards. Even though we are not having the actual wedding on the ship we have worked with them to have the $75 obc for each room go towards obc and a cocktail party for all the guests the first night so everyone can get to know who they are cruising with, etc.

We booked our trip today on the Summit on 4/26/2014. So excited!! Good luck to you both and thanks so much for your advice and insight! :D

Hey guys!! I don't really have any advice (ill keep checking back though in case I have something to add) just kind of wanted to follow the conversation since we are also getting married on Celebrity. We are getting married 4/13/14 on Constellation and then going on Summit on 4/19/14 for our honeymoon. I am so excited!! Congratulations to you all as well :)

My fiance and I were recently engaged, and for several reasons, we are not interested in having a BIG wedding ceremony and reception. We want to keep it simple and very, very small and we love cruising, so we thought a cruise wedding would be a great idea. My parents, who are VERY experienced cruisers, and my travel agent both recommend Celebrity for the excellent quality of the food and the service. Both my parents and my travel agent have plenty of experience with Celebrity cruises, but no experience specifically with Celebrity weddings.

I was wondering if anyone here had any advice or insight into weddings on this cruise line. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! :)

Hey All,

An actual GROOM here! We just got engaged last week...but I have been thinking about a Cruise Wedding for a year, now...for all the reasons you mentioned. She's still thinking about it...but i'm sold.

We (I) am thinking about a having the wedding onshore...then a reception on the ship. I will be following this thread...and hopefully adding to it, shortly.

Congrats and Good Luck to you all!

D

• 1 month later...

Hey all

Past bride from Celebrity here. DH and I were married on the Solstice in November of 2011 during a sea day. Celebrity was wonderful - we have no regrets! If you have specific questions, I may be able to answer. :)

• 1 month later...

Based on my limited experience so far, I suspect its much easier to arrange a wedding on board if you are in the US. We are in the UK. The telephone number for 'Celebrity weddings' is only an American line. Their British office doesn't deal with them. There is a European email address for us. Unfortunately, they haven't replied to my emails. I have now emailed the US address and I have my fingers crossed that they don't simply refer me back to their European office without liaising with them first!

We'd like to get married on the Caribbean cruise we have booked for December '14. I know places are limited, so I do hope Celebrity gets its together soon. If I haven't had a response by tomorrow, I think I'll post on the Facebook page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Based on my limited experience so far, I suspect its much easier to arrange a wedding on board if you are in the US. We are in the UK. The telephone number for 'Celebrity weddings' is only an American line. Their British office doesn't deal with them. There is a European email address for us. Unfortunately, they haven't replied to my emails. I have now emailed the US address and I have my fingers crossed that they don't simply refer me back to their European office without liaising with them first!

We'd like to get married on the Caribbean cruise we have booked for December '14. I know places are limited, so I do hope Celebrity gets its together soon. If I haven't had a response by tomorrow, I think I'll post on the Facebook page.

We too are in the UK and finding it difficult to get answers. We just cant decide on the "at sea" or ashore wedding. Did you manage to book anything? Would be great to speak/mail with you to swap info. Are you going on the Eclipse? We are getting married in December too!!!

We too are in the UK and finding it difficult to get answers. We just cant decide on the "at sea" or ashore wedding. Did you manage to book anything? Would be great to speak/mail with you to swap info. Are you going on the Eclipse? We are getting married in December too!!!
Hi, we did manage to make arrangements. We get married on the ship (Nautical Nuptials package LOL) on 9th December on the Eclipse. I think you can email me through private messaging on here. It would be good to 'chat' about it via email. I'd give you my email address then. I just don't want to put in on the public forum. If you are on the same cruise, perhaps you could join us :) Edited by Priya2

Fab news!!! How exciting! We wont be on your cruise, we go 20th december (I think, from memory) Otherwise we would have loved to join you. I've only just joined this site/forum today and I haven't a clue how to private message you. Maybe you could start the ball rolling and I can email your from there? :) Hope to hear from you soon.

Fab news!!! How exciting! We wont be on your cruise, we go 20th december (I think, from memory) Otherwise we would have loved to join you. I've only just joined this site/forum today and I haven't a clue how to private message you. Maybe you could start the ball rolling and I can email your from there? :) Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi again, what a shame we're not on the same cruise. I have tried to pm you, but there does not seem to be an option for that (strange). Do you Facebook?