Gem SC Category

BSR

We sailed in July in a 2 BR suite on the Gem - no lounge chairs on the balcony. Standard table and 2 regular chairs. We brought one of the chairs from the dining table out when needed. The room was great but to me the balcony was no different that a standard balcony room size. You will love the bathroom/shower though!!

You can ask the steward to bring you chaises, but there's not a lot of room on the balcony for two of them (they aren't huge balconies, more the size of a standard mini suite balcony). We generally ask for one chaise to be used with one chair so we can move out there. This suite is not famous for the balcony, it's all about the cabin inside. I have never seen the footrests.

Robin

You can ask the steward to bring you chaises, but there's not a lot of room on the balcony for two of them (they aren't huge balconies, more the size of a standard mini suite balcony). We generally ask for one chaise to be used with one chair so we can move out there. This suite is not famous for the balcony, it's all about the cabin inside. I have never seen the footrests.

Robin

Robin,

Thanks. I will ask for 1 chaise lounge. I was hoping the balcony would be bigger than a mini or regular balcony.. that is why I hated to give up our huge deck 10 aft. I heard it's all about inside that counts, so hopefully I will be happy with my choice.;)

We traded on the Jewel from a deck 10 aft ph to the SC last November. That was a tough decision. My wife won so we took the sc. I did miss that aft balcony sailing home to NY. Otherwise really enjoyed the extra space of the sc.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I was afraid of giving up the aft with the views, extra space mite not of been a good decision. But sounds like the extra space will be worth it. We sailed in many aft suites so this will be something knew for us to enjoy.:)

Robin

We have had the foot rests usually when we have an aft penthouse, we have always had 2 chaises and a regular chair with a contoured footstool.

We just sailed in a 2 bdrm this summer, our first time away from the aft suites, and it is an adjustment, there is enough room to fit a 3rd chair comfortably but that is all, but the extra inside space was well worth it for this cruise (we took our 14 year old niece) But to be honest, we are going right back to the big balconies on our next 3 cruises, except that they will be the forward ones this time for the PC.

Archived