Freedom menus

Is anyone else like me: I love to keep each night's menu a surprise. I make a point of avoiding the menu boards or tv screens that show the night's menu. There is just something exciting to me about coming to dinner, having the server hand me my menu, and then opening it up to see what kind of savory food items the evening has to offer.

(I understand there are plenty of good reasons to know the menu ahead of time and I'm not making any criticism of people who do that -- I'm just wondering if anyone else gets an actual thrill from the surprise of it) :)

Is anyone else like me: I love to keep each night's menu a surprise. I make a point of avoiding the menu boards or tv screens that show the night's menu. There is just something exciting to me about coming to dinner, having the server hand me my menu, and then opening it up to see what kind of savory food items the evening has to offer.

(I understand there are plenty of good reasons to know the menu ahead of time and I'm not making any criticism of people who do that -- I'm just wondering if anyone else gets an actual thrill from the surprise of it) :)

Lol! I'm just the opposite! We look at the menu early so we can decide if it's worth our time to eat in the MDR that night. Usually it's not, and we end up in the buffet or steakhouse. Or we just get burgers or pizza. Ok...I'm hungry now. I love cruising!!! :D

Lol! I'm just the opposite! We look at the menu early so we can decide if it's worth our time to eat in the MDR that night. Usually it's not, and we end up in the buffet or steakhouse. Or we just get burgers or pizza. Ok...I'm hungry now. I love cruising!!! :D

We always plan to eat in the MDR. We're always sailing with a group of friends and dinner time is one of our favorite parts of the day -- not just because of the food, but because we chat and have such a great time for up to 2 1/2 hours sometimes! If you knew you were going to eat in the MDR regardless, maybe you would be more like me. :) lol.

We always plan to eat in the MDR. We're always sailing with a group of friends and dinner time is one of our favorite parts of the day -- not just because of the food, but because we chat and have such a great time for up to 2 1/2 hours sometimes! If you knew you were going to eat in the MDR regardless, maybe you would be more like me. :) lol.

You're right! It's usually just hubby and me. But, when we sail with friends, we always eat in the MDR for the reasons you mentioned. (But we still peek at the menus). lol

Archived