Review of Caribbean Princess 6/25/05 (long)

ironmagnolia

Hi Ironmagnolia,

We were also on the Caribbean Princess on 6/25 - also on the Baja deck. I did a review, too. It's posted at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=11630

We had traditional dining - late seating which worked out very well for us. We had sensational service and never worried about getting a table. What I found interesting was that every night there were so many empty tables in the dining room. I realize that there were plenty of other options for diners but since so many people were shut out of the dining room, it was a shame that tables sat empty.

Under another post, someone said that the late shows were always crowded but, like you, we found that it was the early show that was hard to get into.

We reserved MUTS on our first night and got great seats for "National Treasure".

There were at least 30 Cruise Critic folks on the ship but only a few of us were at the get together. I think we should have scheduled it at an air-conditioned indoor location. We met at Tradewinds in the middle of the afternoon and the sun was brutal. Live and learn.

Pam

Hello to you, also, Pscheer,

Read your review and enjoyed it very much. It's neat to read a review of something you yourself have experienced, and I agree with most everything you wrote. We also enjoyed Bert(Bert!)Stratton several times, or maybe we kept going back for the great Toasted Almond Martinis! He was great fun, and a very talented musician to boot.

Never have we seen so much bad luck with passengers on a cruise, and what about waking to the smell of smoke on the ship?! Scary, but I thought the Captain handled all the things that happened impressively, keeping us all well-informed.

Thanks for your response to my review. As a previous lurker, I have been thrill

ed with the nice comments from CC posters. And don't you think we chose just the right week to cruise the Caribbean ocean? Looks like it is getting really active down there since our return!

Ironmagnolia

Archived