Allure Boardwalk balcony question

While on our cruise next week, we plan to book Allure for 2014. We typically book ocean-facing balconies but are considering a B1 Boardwalk for this cruise. We would only want to do so if we can see the Aqua Theater well from our balcony. B1s in that area are numbered ending in 19-29. I've seen reviews stating that AT is visible from some...I'm wondering how far back. Does anyone have first-hand experience in, for instance, those cabins ending in 19-25?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

While on our cruise next week, we plan to book Allure for 2014. We typically book ocean-facing balconies but are considering a B1 Boardwalk for this cruise. We would only want to do so if we can see the Aqua Theater well from our balcony. B1s in that area are numbered ending in 19-29. I've seen reviews stating that AT is visible from some...I'm wondering how far back. Does anyone have first-hand experience in, for instance, those cabins ending in 19-25?

I would not book further back than about -25 (maybe -23) since the balconies between you and the Aqua Theater begin to intrude on your view, cutting off the sides of the theater. Don't fall off leaning off the balcony!

This past January we had the last cabin by the rock wall on the Allure on deck 8. We like deck 8 because you can always walk through central park to our cabin or vice versa for anything on the front of the ship, and you're on the same floor as Park Café. On the Oasis we had a cabin 5 back from the end and could see everything going on at the Aqua theater.

We've always had ocean balconies which we love but we also enjoyed the boardwalk balconies for a change.

Hi,

DW and I are on the FOS cruise with you and your wife next week. We are also going to book the Allure for 2014. We are going to go in Sept. We are going to book a Central Park View stateroom.

We just got off Oasis we had 12719. Liked it so much we are booked the same cabin on Allure in June. We could see the show and had a great view of the ocean. Roz

So glad to see this post! We are booked in 11719 for our Allure cruise in April 2014. Was so torn between an ocean view balcony & the Boardwalk balcony. Finally chose the Boardwalk as this will be our first Oasis Class cruise & we wanted to experience one of the unique balconies to this class of ship.

It is nice to read that we will be able to see the Aqua Theater shows from our balcony! I was also thinking that the special balcony at the end of our hall would be a good option for viewing the shows too. Your post helps me to feel even better about my choice...Thank You!!!:D

It is nice to read that we will be able to see the Aqua Theater shows from our balcony!

Well, I'd say that you'd be able to see some of the show. From our cabin, 11323, a bit further aft than yours, we were able to see about half of the Aquatheater.

You would be better off using the public aft balcony instead in order to get a better view of the Aquatheater.

Well, I'd say that you'd be able to see some of the show. From our cabin, 11323, a bit further aft than yours, we were able to see about half of the Aquatheater.

You would be better off using the public aft balcony instead in order to get a better view of the Aquatheater.

Thanks Marc. That's exactly the type of cabin-specific input we were looking for. I think unless we could get one of the end ones (29), then we'd just do a regular balcony. Did you get noise from the boardwalk?

Here's a picture of the view from 11323. I was mistaken — you can see more of the Aquatheater than I had previously remembered. Granted, I was holding the camera out a bit over the balcony railing to take this picture.

normal_P1020969.JPG

(The neighbor's balcony is barely visible in the lower right-hand corner.)

As far as noise, there was some when there was a show going on, but I have to say that it was quite amazing how well soundproofed the balcony door is. We actually spent a few minutes playing with the door, opening it, pulling it closed, and then turning the handle to actually latch it, and noticing how the sound dropped almost completely when the handle was latched.

Most of the time, we heard pretty much nothing from the Boardwalk.

Edited by Daghis

Here are a couple pictures looking down at the Boardwalk.

normal_P1020980.JPG

normal_P1020982.JPG

A small note for you if you're considering having the balcony dividers open between neighboring cabins. The divider between 11321 and 11323 is smaller than the rest of the dividers, so it would be less convenient as a shared balcony space between these two cabins. It seems to be true for xx321/xx323 and xx721/xx723 cabins in this area from what we could see from our balcony.

This is the smaller divider:

normal_P1020979.jpg

And here's the typical divider:

normal_P1020978.jpg

As a general comment, the end cabins, 11329, 11729, 12329, and 12729 are the most sought after ones. They have an excellent view of the Aquatheater as well as looking out behind the ship. Plus, they are adjacent to the public balconies that are very infrequently used and offer an even better ~180° aft view (approximated from memory — it's probably somewhat more).

For my Allure cruise next fall, I'm in 11329 and I have friends in other prime aft Boardwalk balcony cabins. We booked pretty much as soon as bookings were opened for this sailing. I hope you can get a good spot for your cruise!

Yeah, I had 11327 on Oasis in 2010 and loved it. So much so, I booked 11325 for the Allure next month. Ocean views are great but a balcony view gives you something no other ship can except on the Oasis/Allure. Plus you can still easily see the ocean. I think deck 11 is one of the most popular as the secret balconies are off of there.

We have 12729 for our Oasis cruise next year. I believe this is in the rear. How's the noise back there?

My sister and I have 12727 booked in Feb next year, it looks awesome to me, best of both worlds in the Aft and a view of the water show . I am interested to hear more about others experiences with this area of the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In April we were on the Oasis in cabin 10327. Awesome cabin!

We loved it so much that we booked 10329 + 10327 + 10325 on Allure for April 2014.

No problems with noise, the balcony was NOT hot at all and we loved watching all the action from our balcony. I had a clothes pin holding the curtains together as the shows and movies went on later than our bedtime.

But no complaints, excellent location!

We were in 11725 on Oasis a couple of years ago and will be in 12727 next month on Allure. Great views as pictures show. Noise not a problem after shows are over. - plus the aft location guarantees you will get some exercise !

Agreed with everyone else on 11729. With the balcony door closed and locked, only noise from the shows ever bled through, and only slightly (not enough to keep you from sleeping).