A Movie & TV Quiz about the original Queen Mary

Cruise Liner Fan

There have been several or even possibly more movies and TV shows that have been filmed aboard the original Queen Mary. I know that the Queen Mary was used as the stand-in for the RMS Titanic in the 1979 made for TV movie S.O.S. Titanic. I do know of most of the movies & TV shows filmed aboard the Queen Mary but I would like to know if you other Cruise Critic members know of the other movies & TV shows that were filmed aboard the Queen Mary. Regards,Jerry

There have been several or even possibly more movies and TV shows that have been filmed aboard the original Queen Mary. I know that the Queen Mary was used as the stand-in for the RMS Titanic in the 1979 made for TV movie S.O.S. Titanic. I do know of most of the movies & TV shows filmed aboard the Queen Mary but I would like to know if you other Cruise Critic members know of the other movies & TV shows that were filmed aboard the Queen Mary. Regards,Jerry
The Aviator... ???

Jerry,

One recent TV show I recall seeing that was filmed aboard the Queen Mary is an episode of MTV's Ultimate Parkour Challenge. That episode probably wouldn't be very high on any list of distinguished films or TV shows aboard the Queen Mary, but there you go.

Regards,

John.

So don't they count?
Cap'n, I never said that it did not count. I was just saying that just the interiors of the Queen Mary were filmed in this movie. I only saw this movie once ironically aboard the QE2 in January 2006 while the QE2 was doing the New York to Los Angeles segment of her World Cruise. When the QE2 arrived in L.A. I disembarked off the QE2 and spent one night aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach. So for the record the Aviator does count in this quiz. Regards,Jerry

many films were shot on board the Queen Mary,including the Poseidon Adventure, staring Shelly Winters!
Irwin Allen who was the Hollywood showman who did the Poseidon Adventure also did a made for TV movie that was filmed aboard the Queen Mary in 1975. Does anyone know the name of this movie? Regards,Jerry

So don't they count?
I was also wondering why that film didn't count, thank you for asking the question.

I'll keep the remainder of my list of films to myself now, in case they don't count either.

Re-reading the rules of the quiz, it seems that Cruise Liner Fan was looking only for films/tv progs. titled "Queen Mary". My mistake :o , so sorry.

Best wishes,

I was also wondering why that film didn't count, thank you for asking the question.

I'll keep the remainder of my list of films to myself now, in case they don't count either.

Re-reading the rules of the quiz, it seems that Cruise Liner Fan was looking only for films/tv progs. titled "Queen Mary". My mistake :o , so sorry.

Best wishes,[/quote). Peppern, I never made any rules about this quiz and if you read my last post the Aviator is included in this quiz. Regards,Jerry

Cap'n, I never said that it did not count. I was just saying that just the interiors of the Queen Mary were filmed in this movie... So for the record the Aviator does count in this quiz. Regards,Jerry
Totally confused now... :confused: ... "only the interiors" "just the interiors"... ah well... must be my age :o .

Totally confused now... :confused: ... "only the interiors" "just the interiors"... ah well... must be my age :o .
It was just a comment. Let's make the rules whether it is just the exteriors or the interiors or both it does count in this quiz. I am sorry if some people got the wrong idea. Regards,Jerry

Jerry,

One recent TV show I recall seeing that was filmed aboard the Queen Mary is an episode of MTV's Ultimate Parkour Challenge. That episode probably wouldn't be very high on any list of distinguished films or TV shows aboard the Queen Mary, but there you go.

Regards,

John.

John, I admit that I have not watched MTV sinced the 1990s but yes this will be included in the quiz and if it is available to be seen on youtube I would like to see it. Regards,Jerry

John, I admit that I have not watched MTV sinced the 1990s but yes this will be included in the quiz and if it is available to be seen on youtube I would like to see it. Regards,Jerry

Here is a link to a video from mtv.com of that episode of Ultimate Parkour Challenge filmed on the Queen Mary.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/mtvs-ultimate-parkour-challenge-ep-1-queen-mary/1638658/playlist.jhtml

Regards,

John.

Dodsworth (stock footage) (1936)

Foreign Correspondent (stock) (1940)

The Lady Eve (stock) (1941)

Meet Danny Wilson (stock) (1952)

Dangerous Crossing (stock) (1953)

Dial "M" For Murder (stock/process) (1954)

Assault On A Queen (1966)

No Way To Treat A Lady (1968)

The Poseidon Adventure (1972)

Night Stalker (TV 1974)

Mame (1974)

Death Cruise (TVM 1974)

Farewell My Lovely (1975)

Adventures Of The Queen (TVM 1975)

W.C. Fields and Me (TVM 1976)

Gumball Rally (1976)

Charlie's Angels (1976)

The Love Boat (TVM 1976)

Nancy Drew Mysteries (1977)

Project U.F.O. (1979)

S.O.S. Titanic (1979)

Liberace: A Valentine Special (TV1979)

The French Atlantic Affair (TVM 1979)

The Memory Of Eva Ryker (TVM 1980)

Goliath Awaits (TVM 1981)

Under The Rainbow (1981)

The Winds Of War (TVM 1983)

Grace Kelly (TVM 1983)

The Natural (1984)

Murder She Wrote (TV 1984)

Airwolf (TV 1986)

Someone To Watch Over Me (1987)

Quantum Leap (TV 1989)

Barton Fink (1991)

Treacherous Crossing (TVM 1992)

Chaplin (1992)

Escape From L.A. (1996)

The Cable Guy (1996)

Tidal Wave (TVM 1997)

Out To Sea (1997)

L.A. Confidential (1997)

The Parent Trap (1998)

The X-Files (TV 1998)

The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)

Trippin (1999)

Final Voyage (1999)

Thirteenth Floor (1999)

What Women Want (2000)

Deep Water (2000)

Providence (TV 2000)

Pearl Harbor (2001)

Adaptation (2002)

Blood Work (2002)

Chilis Commercial (TV2003)

The Aviator (2004)

The Naked Monster (2005)

Arrested Development (2006)

Jared Jewelry Commercial (2007)

Jonas Brothers "SOS" video (2007)

Ghost Whisperer (2008)

He's Just Not That Into You (2009)

Titanic 2 (2010)

I love google

I just remembered two more TV shows that involve the Queen Mary in one way or another.

1. Agatha Christie's Poirot: The Million Dollar Bond Robbery. This episode includes stock footage of the Queen Mary, but I don't know for sure if any of the on-board scenes in this episode were actually filmed on the Queen Mary.

2. The World's Strongest Man. Last year's competition included a weight lifting event that used the Queen Mary as a backdrop. Here is a youtube video of that competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5f1JyEf-g

Check out 15:33 through 21:39 of this video.

Regards,

John.

The 1975 made for TV movie "Adventures of the Queen" was the movie I was referring to in one of my previous posts. On youtube only the first 8 minutes and 25 seconds of Adventures of the Queen are available to be seen and not the rest of the movie. Since both Irwin Allen and the film studio 20th Century Fox produced both the 1972 Poseidon Adventure and Adventures of the Queen, why 20th Century Fox did not include the film Adventures of the Queen as an extra in its DVD release of the 1972 Poseidon Adventure is beyond me. So does anyone here know where the entire film of Adventures of the Queen can be seen or if it is available on DVD? Regards,Jerry

The 1975 made for TV movie "Adventures of the Queen" was the movie I was referring to in one of my previous posts. On youtube only the first 8 minutes and 25 seconds of Adventures of the Queen are available to be seen and not the rest of the movie. Since both Irwin Allen and the film studio 20th Century Fox produced both the 1972 Poseidon Adventure and Adventures of the Queen, why 20th Century Fox did not include the film Adventures of the Queen as an extra in its DVD release of the 1972 Poseidon Adventure is beyond me. So does anyone here know where the entire film of Adventures of the Queen can be seen or if it is available on DVD? Regards,Jerry

Good afternoon,

The TV movie is offered on http://www.ioffer.com by a seller.

Just google the title and the price and info will come for your country.

I don't have any personal experience using this particular website, however, that is where it is showing for sale.

best regards,

seasidegal

DDBINK1, Which of movies & TV shows that have a scene of the Queen Mary are the pictures you posted in your last post? In one of your previous posts on this thread I did notice the movie poster for Assault on a Queen which is a 1966 movie starring Frank Sinatra about treasure hunters who find an old sunken German World War 2 submarine refurbish it and then decide to play pirates on the high seas and attempt to stick-up the Queen Mary for her riches. Regards,Jerry

Good afternoon,

The TV movie is offered on http://www.ioffer.com by a seller.

Just google the title and the price and info will come for your country.

I don't have any personal experience using this particular website, however, that is where it is showing for sale.

best regards,

seasidegal

Seasidegal, Thanks for the link. Regards,Jerry

A really obscure reference to the Queen Mary is in the movie The Shawshank Redemption.

At the end of the movie, Red goes to the field and digs up a box with money and a note from Andy. If you look closely, the money is in a tin candy box with the Queen Mary on it.

Archived