What to do/see on a private tour

Poppet1964

We've booked a private tour with Tours Plaza for 3 to 4 hours in February. I've made reservations for the first tour at the Chocolate Factory, but beyond that, I have no idea what to do with our time.

Some items that come to mind are:

• Is there a Tequila Factory, or something like that?
  • Shopping for unique items, not 'been there' t-shirts
  • Picture opportunities
  • Try authentic food

Not interested in ruins at all and we're doing beaches in Roatan (briefly) and Costa Maya (Almaplena) although if there's something really special, we would consider it.

Suggestions anyone? We've never been to Cozumel.

Thanks!

We've booked a private tour with Tours Plaza for 3 to 4 hours in February. I've made reservations for the first tour at the Chocolate Factory, but beyond that, I have no idea what to do with our time.

Some items that come to mind are:

• Is there a Tequila Factory, or something like that?
  • Shopping for unique items, not 'been there' t-shirts
  • Picture opportunities
  • Try authentic food

Not interested in ruins at all and we're doing beaches in Roatan (briefly) and Costa Maya (Almaplena) although if there's something really special, we would consider it.

Suggestions anyone? We've never been to Cozumel.

Thanks!

There is not a Tequila "factory" but there is a operation that gives tours of the agave plant that they grow...which is what Tequila is made from. (not sure about "samples"...LOL) I have not taken the tour, but I heard it was very interesting to those who have.

You MUST go to the East (primitive) side and get pictures of the surf shooting up through the porous rock.

The waves over there are amazing (which is why there is no development....to dangerous to swim in).

The WEST side of Cozumel is the commercial side because it faced the Mainland and not open Gulf waters...which creates a safe water sport location.

The EAST side also has some wonderful food. Just ask your guide for recommendations....

While the East side is primitive...they use generators and bring in PURIFIED water and ice for the bars and restaurants over there. So no worries about the drinks or food at any place your guide recommends.

The bars on the East side are a bit "suggestive" in their names....but we have taken our two boys there and while we were there, there was nothing outrageous going on.

The bar Coconuts (use your imagination) is a cool spot to sit, have a drink and watch the waves. Bob Marley is another bar....

Hit them all ...your stuff will be safe in the car. The guide always locks up.

There is a lighthouse that I actually have never been to but lots of folks talk about at the end of the island...that might be a good stop.

With this tour, you will see ALL of Cozumel...not just the tourist parts.

Hope that gives you some ideas....

Archived