Sea princess info please

Hi we are thinking of booking a Sea princess cruise to Fiji in March. I have been told there are a lot more older people, like in their 80's cruise Princess, is this true. I have nothing against anybody of any age, just wondering as been told lots of walking frames & the like. :)

Also would book an inside of our choice, & tick not to be moved, as dont want an upgrade to the front of the ship.:rolleyes: would there be a chance of upgrading to an outside or mainly an inside, if we didnt tick the box?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Hi we are thinking of booking a Sea princess cruise to Fiji in March. I have been told there are a lot more older people, like in their 80's cruise Princess, is this true. I have nothing against anybody of any age, just wondering as been told lots of walking frames & the like. :)

Also would book an inside of our choice, & tick not to be moved, as dont want an upgrade to the front of the ship.:rolleyes: would there be a chance of upgrading to an outside or mainly an inside, if we didnt tick the box?

on princess there can be older people but that can happen on any cruise, normally the longer the cruise the older people as they have the time and money to cruise

if you dont want an upgrade just tell your TA you dont want to be moved but you can still be moved for operational reasons if the cabin is unfit to be slept in, it may not happen but its in the terms & conditions....if you see a cabin you like later on you would have to speak to your TA if its possible and at what price

p&o cabins are bigger than princess but princess is a little bit better ship all round

I wonder why you would be worried about walking frames and the like?

I am certainly not old, and use a walking frame and a powerchair. What problem does this pose for a person without a mobility issue?

As for age - some of the 'older folk' are more active and involved (and can party) with the best of them!

We were on Sea Princess last Christmas. Family of four 50,46,16&10. Yes there is a lot of older people on board. A lot of the activities are worked out around that. The kids program as well. Not as good as others because there are not a lot of children on board. Think there were only about 20 kids and this was in January!!

Our next cruise will not be on Princess.

We were on Sea Princess last Christmas. Family of four 50,46,16&10. Yes there is a lot of older people on board. A lot of the activities are worked out around that. The kids program as well. Not as good as others because there are not a lot of children on board. Think there were only about 20 kids and this was in January!!

Our next cruise will not be on Princess.

if you want a family cruise go on p&o as they limlt the kids to about 400 and Carnival is unlimited

I wonder why you would be worried about walking frames and the like?

I am certainly not old, and use a walking frame and a powerchair. What problem does this pose for a person without a mobility issue?

As for age - some of the 'older folk' are more active and involved (and can party) with the best of them!

No cant see where i said i was worrying, or there was a problem with any walking aid:rolleyes: Just checking up on what i had been told, & asked a simple question.

We just sailed on Emerald Princess in February on the 10 night Eastern Caribbean Voyager. There were only 20 kids on board. Most where in the 40-60 year old range. My husband and I had a great time! Princess and RCI are our preferred cruise lines.

We went to Fiji with Princess, our second cruise, January 2013. The demographic was much younger than on Dawn Princess Melbourne to NZ December 2012. In fact there were so many kids that they didn't actually advertise the program because they were at capacity. However the kids both young and youth didnt worry us at all (we are 62 and 74!!! No walking frames, gym few times week very fit and active) and there are always the adult pool and hot tubs to go to. However on the NZ cruise, there were 92 youth aged kids registered for their program (no idea how many littlies). A lot more wheelchairs and walking frames, but everyone seemed do friendly and patient with them, they never slowed us up and we run up the stairs if we wants to get places faster. We were so impressed with the Princess staff, service etc that we decided we would love to bring a group of our oldies on the NZ trip and are booked in for Jan 10 2014 Mel to NZ with 9 of us, plus another family with their grandkids and older disabled daughter. So 15 of us very excited about the trip. All the rest are first time cruisers.

On one cruise there was aprox 40 40 to 50 year olds and the rest way past 60.......its was a nice cruise but very lacking in activities. ..except knitting and nattering....but was extremely surprised at the huge amount of walkers and wheelchairs at disembarkment.....not sure where they were all hiding.... we are princess lovers but we are quite folk in our 40s....looking for a well needed rest..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

You will enjoy it. We had a great time but then we are not party animals. It is lovely having a drink or two in the bar before dinner. We just want to try a different liner next time.

It will be nice not to have to fly to Sydney, so thats a bonus for us. Have you tried Voyager, now thats a great ship for people of any age :D

Archived