Pre-cruise hotel in San Juan

Carol RN

Villa Herencia! It's a lovely B&B in the heart of OSJ very close to El Convento. It's rather small, I think with only 10 rooms. The rooms on the first floor are smaller than the two upstairs.

They've got a gorgeous rooftop area, the staff is wonderful, and the location can't be beat! We walked everywhere. The breakfast is minimal - bread and jam, cereal and milk - but it was enough to get us going in the morning.

Their prices are very reasonable, and they sometimes offer internet deals. I think our rate was $135 per night for a regular room. And they were kind enough to upgrade us to one of the larger rooms upstairs as a honeymoon surprise.

There's no beach, pool, or bar; and no elevators - if those are considerations for you.

Enjoy OSJ!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

(hello TwinA - think of you often!)

I cannot echo the sentiments enough about Villa Herencia - I could have stayed there longer and enjoyed the place and the people.

I will also echo Dragon's (hello Agnes) recommendation to check out the port of call threads for San Juan.

Enjoy planning!

(hello TwinA - think of you often!)

I will also echo Dragon's (hello Agnes) recommendation to check out the port of call threads for San Juan.

Enjoy planning!

Hello to both of you.

OP--we were all on a cruise that left from San Juan. It was a great place to stay and we had a good cruise. Have a good time.:)

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice hotel in or near Old San Juan for one night pre-cruise? Thanks

Depends what you want I have been twice to San Juan and had stayed both times in small hotels (no pool and not on the beach)

Nothing fancy. But they were safe and was all we needed. Now that we our bring our daughter I wanted something more private and fun with no . We booked the Caribe hilton this time. They have their own private beach . Ps. They have a Star Bucks

We love the Hotel El Convento. It has a great location' date=' restaurants and the rooms are so nice. For us it has become a destination in its own right.[/quote']

Second vote for El Convento - we loved it as a pre-cruise hotel. It's gorgeous, and the service is top notch.

We love the Hotel El Convento. It has a great location' date=' restaurants and the rooms are so nice. For us it has become a destination in its own right.[/quote']

I second that. When there they also had a free wine and cheese gathering every evening. Super place.

Archived