Romance Package??

So I was reviewing the documents to see if we had any perks from our travel agent for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom. Aside from the OBC and free dinner in a specialty restaurant, the perks include a "romance package." Does anyone know what that is and/or what's included? I certainly didn't book the cruise because of this "awesome package" but heck a perk is a perk!

So I was reviewing the documents to see if we had any perks from our travel agent for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom. Aside from the OBC and free dinner in a specialty restaurant, the perks include a "romance package." Does anyone know what that is and/or what's included? I certainly didn't book the cruise because of this "awesome package" but heck a perk is a perk!

The classic package is:

This package includes: vanilla cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner in your stateroom on a formal night and petit fours after the meal; breakfast in bed; and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait.

We did the more elaborate version and my wife loved it!

The classic package is:

This package includes: vanilla cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner in your stateroom on a formal night and petit fours after the meal; breakfast in bed; and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait.

We did the more elaborate version and my wife loved it!

Sounds very nice thought my wife nor I aren't much on champagne.

Sounds very nice thought my wife nor I aren't much on champagne.

Like spookwife said, they might switch it out. We saved it and had mimosas with our special breakfast in bed (which is an expanded room service breakfast menu). I was worried about each of the items showing up, but they were very efficient and everything came the correct time.

Does the Romance Package give you cupcakes from the Cupcake Cupboard or regular cupcakes from the Windjammer? Thinking of doing the same for DH on our upcoming FOS cruise.

The cupcakes are the packaged red velvet "Delicious" cupcakes that you can see on the Gifts and Gear "Scrumptious Treats" section of RCI's website. See http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=GIFTS

They were okay, if a little dry. My wife is a fabulous baker, so I am spoiled. I did not enjoy the Cupcake Cupboard fare either.

Thank you very much for the responses! I was going to order over the phone in hopes of swapping out the sparkling wine (quasi-champagne) for something like a Beringer White Zinfandel, but RCCL Gifts and Gear is closed for the night. If I ask very nicely, do you think they'll do it? What other kinds of wine can I get instead of the sparkling wine (from what I've read, it's not too good).

I like the framed portrait portion of the package. We always wind up getting pictures.

Thank you ve

ry much for the responses! I was going to order over the phone in hopes of swapping out the sparkling wine (quasi-champagne) for something like a Beringer White Zinfandel, but RCCL Gifts and Gear is closed for the night. If I ask very nicely, do you think they'll do it? What other kinds of wine can I get instead of the sparkling wine (from what I've read, it's not too good).

I like the framed portrait portion of the package. We always wind up getting pictures.

We tried switching stuff over the phone and they cannot do it. If you by chance do get an operator that will you're lucky! Even on the ships they told us no switching. It is what it is!! So we order the other stuff we like and take the bubbly home for the kids.

Archived