Sapphire vs Coki (from Allure dock) or other input...

melis74

If I'm looking at the map correctly it looks like we will be even further from the above mentioned places. We are a group of eight ranging from 19 months to 60+ just looking for a relaxing beach day. We would like to be able to rent chairs and umbrellas, eat, drink and have bathroom access. Additional note, there will be SIX ships in port that day.

Advice, thoughts??

Thanks in advance!!

If I'm looking at the map correctly it looks like we will be even further from the above mentioned places. We are a group of eight ranging from 19 months to 60+ just looking for a relaxing beach day. We would like to be able to rent chairs and umbrellas, eat, drink and have bathroom access. Additional note, there will be SIX ships in port that day.

Advice, thoughts??

Thanks in advance!!

Based on your last note I would definitely avoid Magens, Lindbergh (aka Emerald Resort), and Coki. And there are no umbrellas for day visitors at Secrer Harbor.

Sapphire is your best bet, stays relatively quiet on most big ship days, has abundant natural shade along the beach, has 4 food and drink options, and has restrooms.

Definitely worth the cost of a taxi. The water colors and island views keep us returning to spend a week at a time in a condo that we rent there.

Enjoy your time there!

Thank you so much! I was hoping you would respond, you seem to be the St Thomas guru! :) We were actually thinking about Emerald Resort since it's closer, but were curious about crowding...that answered that!

Melis I am definitely not a guru! We just enjoy spending time on STT almost as much as in the BVI so we've just learned the beaches and what each has to offer.

Runner is right in that LindBergh Bay (aka Emerald) isn't always terribly crowded either, and you are right in that you will be docked at Crown which is further from the East End beaches than the Havensight dock. We just prefer Sapphire for the beauty and island views and multiple food and drink options and would probably taxi there for those reasons. But for a beach much closer to Crown Bay and less travel time Lindbergh can be a nice day too.

Archived