Refunds or SBC?

ltprn

I was just wondering - in the event of a hurricane - if the ship doesn't stop at a scheduled port - just as I read the CB bypassed Cozumel today to beat the storm .......do you get any type of partial refund or ship board credit???:confused:

Take a look at your cruise contract. I don't believe, from what I remember, that they are under any obligation to refund for a change in itinerary. I have heard from folks here that they do refund port charges as another poster stated.

Any expectation that changes or delays caused by weather will be compensated are bound to lead to disappointment. That is why it is never a good idea to book a cruise if you absolutely have to be at a certain place at a certain time, like, for example, getting married on one of the islands.

Don't know how Princess does things but last year on the RCCL Navigator of the Seas we bypassed the scheduled stop at Grand Caymen for no reason that I could see. Weather was great, winds were not unusual, but the captain said the waves close to the island were too high to tender safely. My husband is convinced that RCCL was trying so save money on port charges, but I disagree.

We also skipped the private island stop, Labadee, due to politcal problems in Haiti and a stop in the Bahamas was substituted (Not impressive). So 2 of our 4 scheduled stops were changed or eliminated....and the weather was beautiful the whole week...no storms, calm waters....

We got nothing...no refunds, no ship credit, no refund of port charges.

Archived