Would you drink the Kava?

Has anyone done the Nawaka Village tour ...we have it offered as a shore excursion but can't understand why it is offered when in the disclaimer it says that village tours don't operate on a Sunday..we pull in to Lautoka on 5th Jan which is a Sunday!

I suggest you don't book this tour if you will be in town on a Sunday when the tour has such a disclaimer. Maybe they have offered the tour without reading the disclaimer. It would be better to book a tour that is likely to go ahead rather than being disappointed by having it cancelled and not being able to book anything else.

Staying on a Fiji Island a few years ago, our boys aged 11 and 8 when off with the kids club one evening. When we asked where the kids club had gone we were told ...down to the staff village drinking kava for a bucks night. Guessing they may have had a weakened version.

However on a recent small cruise ship around Fiji there were two children aged about 14 and 16 and they were drinking cups full with the crew. My husband had about 6 cups and had the best nights sleep he had had in a long time. For me, I had one...it tasted like peppery mud, but I felt like I had been polite and participated