Vallejo ferry to SF Cruise Terminal?

Sploxy

Does anyone have experience using the Vallejo ferry [to pier 41] as a means of getting to the Pier 35 cruise terminal in San Francisco?

I am with a group of 10 (including three under 3yo) that would need transportation from the Vallejo area. We are looking at the cheapest way to do this and have considered the ferry. Other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Matthew

Everything I see says the Vallejo Ferry goes to Pier B at the Ferry Terminal. The walking distance to Pier 35 from the Ferry Terminal would be about 3/4 of a mile.

Angel Island and Alcatraz Ferries operate out of Pier 41.

The Vallejo ferry also goes to Pier 41 every day, though not as regularly as it goes to Pier 1.

With 10 people - it maybe cost effective to get a private shuttle for your party. Door to door service will be much easier than having to do that much luggage handling.

I got a quote from a couple shuttle services with the lowest being $270 each direction. The ferry would be $91 each direction + $48 parking (for two vehicles).

Edited by Sploxy

The Vallejo ferry also goes to Pier 41 every day, though not as regularly as it goes to Pier 1.

I am not seeing evidence of that, but will go with your info. In that case the walk is under 1/2 mile. If you can walk, dragging luggage with no assistance from your 3 year olds, it sounds fine.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done the Vallejo-SF ferry twice for cruises. We had a friend drop us off at the terminal in Vallejo. Make sure you get to the ferry terminal early to get tickets if you are leaving on a Saturday morning. Long lines!!!!

The walk from Pier 41 to Pier 35 took us under 15 minutes with a 5 year-old pulling a 22" suitcase.

Coming back to Vallejo, from the time we got off the ship to when the ferry departed Pier 41 was a LONG wait. Check the schedule to see if a ferry leaves the Ferry Building earlier.

• 2 months later...