Magic first cruise cancelled

DISNEY FANTASY

We appreciate you selecting a Disney Cruise Line vacation for your clients and have important information to share about their sailing.

As you may know, the Disney Magic has just undergone the most significant transformation in the history of Disney Cruise Line. Unfortunately, during the course of dry dock renovations and the Trans-Atlantic crossing, we encountered challenging weather conditions that made the necessary work impossible to complete in time for the first cruise. As a result, we've made the difficult decision to cancel the October 20, 2013, 5-night sailing from Miami, Florida.

They are giving those booked on the cruise a full refund, plus a FREE 5-night cruise on the Magic (or 35% off a different cruise).

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

That's a shame. :( Not really surprised though. Weather and sea conditions during a TA crossing can be unpredictable.

Open ocean can be very unpredictable.

I thought this might happen too. Was hoping not but ... hopefully she will be ready for me!

Hopefully yes! Good luck.

I just wonder how many people booked that cruise hoping to have it cancelled and get the refund and a free cruise? Nice game if you can play it.

But there are a huge number if genuine cruisers who have been effected, flights booked kids looking forward to it, that's a shame.

Pity for the few who wanted to post *. first * and have bragging rights on the first Internet posts of photos.

It's a funny old game....

I would never book a cruise directly post DD, I booked fantasy three months after it went into service to let it settle down.

I just wonder how many people booked that cruise hoping to have it cancelled and get the refund and a free cruise? Nice game if you can play it.

But there are a huge number if genuine cruisers who have been effected, flights booked kids looking forward to it, that's a shame.

Pity for the few who wanted to post *. first * and have bragging rights on the first Internet posts of photos.

It's a funny old game....

I would never book a cruise directly post DD, I booked fantasy three months after it went into service to let it settle down.

So true! They were suppose to be first and will most likely be 20th now. This ship is selling like hot cakes.

Just as when she was first launched, and even after this relaunch the great lady Magic is being "fashionably late"!

Seriously though, I feel for all of those that were booked, and hope they can take advantage of the refund and free cruise.

ex techie

Yep, I honestly had a feeling this was going to happen. I just wish I had booked it! Seriously though anyone who did book it and thought that they had a 100% chance of sailing was deluding themselves. And shame on any TA who didn't at least warn their clients this may happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a feeling too ... It was too tight of a schedule and working while sailing transatlantic was not looking very feasible to me , but anyway

I hope they don't cancel any more sailings , but I would understand if they have to. The safety of the ship post renos is most important ,They have to make sure it is absolutely in tip top condition to sail safely.

I picked a wrong day call the 800 number to check on my cabin assignment , their lines were very busy (I don't know if it is like that at other times?) .. I guess I will just stay put

I had a feeling too ... It was too tight of a schedule and working while sailing transatlantic was not looking very feasible to me , but anyway

I hope they don't cancel any more sailings , but I would understand if they have to. The safety of the ship post renos is most important ,They have to make sure it is absolutely in tip top condition to sail safely.

I picked a wrong day call the 800 number to check on my cabin assignment , their lines were very busy (I don't know if it is like that at other times?) .. I guess I will just stay put

I figured some of the 10/20 folks might end up carrying over to my cruise - I bet they won't assign for another week