Cozumel excursions

shofer

Mom & I are booked on Silhouette for a 7 day W. Caribbean in Feb, 2014. I have been to all of these islands several times and want to enhance her experience. Itineray: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee.

I thought the Sting Ray trip in Grand Cayman might be something she would enjoy but want to try something different in Jamaica and Mexico. Mom is an active 86 and could do some walking.

What would you recommend for something off the beaten path?

Sue

We've been to Cozumel maybe 6 times? We sail Carnival out of Galveston, so every cruise goes there, seems like. Last time, in November of last year, we went on the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus. Not as wild as it sounds, six of us went, all in our 60's and pretty conservative. But we had a great time. They take you in a nice air-conditioned bus to the east side of the island which is totally different from the other side. Powerful surf pounds the rocks along the beach, sand is white, relatively uninhabited. Have to take cash because there's no electricity there, so can't take credit cards.

Take you to four different bars, about 45 minutes at each, you can do whatever you want. Eat, drink, walk on the beach, sit at the bar and just enjoy the view and the ocean breeze. Food and drinks were reasonably priced, places were clean, they had restrooms. The guide was a young woman from Canada who had lived in Cozumel for years, she was very entertaining. Well run excursion and they had us back in plenty of time - I think the bus dropped us off at our pier, don't remember taking a taxi back.

Yay to your mother for being in such good shape at 86!

Archived