Anyone just off the Liberty??

trini_ras

I just got off the Liberty yesterday and wish I was still on board.

We had a great cruise. The weather was perfect (hot, but that's how I like it)

There were no chair hogs and food was really good for the most part. Loved Guys Burgers and the Blue Iguana Mexican. The buffets were not great but I had no need for them with the other choices. Anytime dining was perfect for us and we had no problem getting a table and good service.

We really enjoyed the comedians. Didn't do any of the shows in the Victoria except for one which was a comedy type show and it was very good.

Loved all the ports and as everyone says Half Moon Cay was wonderful, soft white sand and clear blue water. The beach BBQ was an added bonus. It was just a nice relaxing port.

We had an inside cabin on the lido deck and I slept like a rock every night and loved the convenience of being forward and on the lido. I will always go for lido or panorama from now on. Booked Glory for Feb while on board and received $300 in OBC with the sale that was on. I see today the price has gone down the $200 that I got in OBC so I may try and change something so I can get the new price with just the $100 for booking on board.

The ship was very nice and clean and the crew was always scrubbing something.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

We were on the same cruise and also had an inside on lido (9247) and loved the location!

We did see a lot of chair hogs, mostly the adult pool, though. Chair hogging has now extended from the pool loungers into the buffet seating, a lady was sitting alone at a table and the one next to her was empty, we went to sit and she said we could not because she was waiting for others, also at breakfast people put bags and other stuff in chairs, thought that was pretty lame! Beautiful ship. Clean clean clean.

***No new menus yet***

Edited by Danacat222

Looking at booking one of these type rooms, wondered if you heard any noise from the stairways that are located right beside the rooms. Usually book a regular balcony but this type layout looks interesting especially for the larger balcony. Did you think the room felt crowded at all? Thanks for any input!:)

We just got off the Liberty this past Saturday. We had 8A 6442 on the port side. We loved the larger balcony-the size of two balconies. The downside is there is no couch in the room because of the layout. We didn't think that we spent a lot of time in the room on past cruises. We realized that we spent more time than we thought. There is no place to sit or watch TV. We found that when one of us was getting ready that the other one watched news, videos of the activities on the ship, checking the dinner menu or our folio and other items. You have to sit on the bed. We decided that the larger balcony wasn't worth the trade off of no couch.

Other than that we loved the cruise and the Liberty. Agree with the above poster on their thoughts. No noise at all from the stairs.

Edited by YB Nrml

Can anyone suggest the name of a really good waiter/waitress in Anytime Dining on Liberty?

Thanks. :)

The first two nights we had very slow service and actually left before dessert as to not miss the shows. We switched to Corina the next night and she was wonderful!! She only has 3 more weeks before her contract ends.

Edited by UpstateCruizer

I was wondering if anyone did the Bacardi tour on their own in Puerto Rico?

What was the cost of transportation?

We did the tour back in March and the Ferry ride across is around a $1 or 2 for a return trip and then there are taxis there waiting and I don't remember it being more than around $10-12 each way. I thought it was worth it, you get two free drink tickets and a quick tour. The grounds are very nice. We actually walked up to El Morro first, then took the trolley back and then went over to Bacardi. It was nice because I think we went later so it wasn't crowded. I remember a bottle of plain rum was only $9 or $10 and the flavored ones were $12. I wish I had bought a bottle!

we are in this cabin in Jan. did you have any problems with any noise from the lounge below.

If you have 6442 yes there was some noise from the lounge below. We stayed up until 12:30-1 am and a couple of nights we could hear the bass thumping. It bothered us for about 5 seconds but we sleep hard. It can be felt as well as heard. Not sure how late the lounge is open.

This is the room we are in on Nov 9, can you tell me anything special about it like how big the balcony is.

Great reading all of the positive responses!! We will be on the Liberty in 19 days as well!!

Hope you guys are in our facebook group :p

Looking at booking one of these type rooms, wondered if you heard any noise from the stairways that are located right beside the rooms. Usually book a regular balcony but this type layout looks interesting especially for the larger balcony. Did you think the room felt crowded at all? Thanks for any input!:)

We heard absolutely no noise from the stairwell. We loved the layout. We thought is felt more spacious than a regular cabin, even though it is missing the couch. The large balcony is wonderful! There were 3 chairs, a lounger, and a table. The bed faces the ocean which is real nice. I will always try to book one of these cabins if possible in the future over a regular balcony.

Do you remember the name, location of the Restaurant which is supposed to be the Home of the Piña Colada?

If you go to Barrachina and like margaritas, try the blended guava margarita. So SO yum and very strong. I stayed in Old San Juan 2 years ago and went there several times just for that drink! The coladas were good, too. Fun place!

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Liberty this past Saturday. We had 8A 6442 on the port side. We loved the larger balcony-the size of two balconies. The downside is there is no couch in the room because of the layout. We didn't think that we spent a lot of time in the room on past cruises. We realized that we spent more time than we thought. There is no place to sit or watch TV. We found that when one of us was getting ready that the other one watched news, videos of the activities on the ship, checking the dinner menu or our folio and other items. You have to sit on the bed. We decided that the larger balcony wasn't worth the trade off of no couch.

Other than that we loved the cruise and the Liberty. Agree with the above poster on their thoughts. No noise at all from the stairs.

Funny you mention the room layout. We had an L shaped room with large balcony on the Breeze and booked our Liberty cruise onboard..over 400 days out. This room was available and the cruise person was surprised that we didn't want it. We LovEd the longer balcony and it really was nice on the Breeze as we were sailing with our 3 kids who were in an inside but they came over to our room a lot. We just felt the room was too tight...having to go around the bed to get to the bathroom, no place for room service except right by the door, no couch.

If you go to Barrachina and like margaritas, try the blended guava margarita. So SO yum and very strong. I stayed in Old San Juan 2 years ago and went there several times just for that drink! The coladas were good, too. Fun place!

Sounds yummy. Not much for tequila, but maybe a guava Colada , :D