NCL Sea - 3 to a room (rollaway)

sowhynot

Anyone had experience on the Sea with having 3 to a room? I just found out that, contrary to what I thought, our room (category DD on the Prominade Deck) does not have an upper bunk but rather they bring in a rollaway. Since the cruise is sold out I guess we're stuck with this arrangement.

Do they leave the bed set up in the room at all times? Is there room to walk around if they do?

Any input would be appreciated!

We just got off the Sea this morning and did 3 to a room with a pulldown which was very uncomfortable! However, last time we had a rollaway and it was great. They remove the little table in your room and store the rollaway up against the wall during the day. You don't have to do a thing, they take it down in the morning and put it back out at night. There's not much room to walk around it, but we managed. We had a Cat C room both times so not sure if our room was the same size as a DD. The cabin stewards are wonderful people that try and make your life as easy as possible.

We will be in a Cat C room with 3 in the room. From the deck plan, it doesn't seem to be a room with 3 beds, so I guess we will get a roll-away? Was the rollaway like a regular bed and not a little cot that's almost touching the floor like Carnival have?

In my daughter's opinion, the rollaway is much more comfortable than the upper berth. She had so many back problems from the hard upper berth that she slept on this time, that she had to ask for a foam pad to put on her bed. A couple of nights, she put her futon on the floor and slept down there. I think that next time, we will request a rollaway anyway.

Archived