conquest 7-11 Curious minds need to know

gumdrop38

Conquest 7-11 sailing is sailing a day late??

Just curious if this ship leaves a day late...are they putting these cruisers up in a hotel the night before?? changes are most people will arrive the day of ORIGINAL departure or a day or two before?? What will they do??

Conquest 7-11 sailing is sailing a day late??

Just curious if this ship leaves a day late...are they putting these cruisers up in a hotel the night before?? changes are most people will arrive the day of ORIGINAL departure or a day or two before?? What will they do??

I called Carnival yesterday because I was curious; storms seem earlier this year, the rep told me no they will not pay for the hotel. You may want to call though just to be sure since this sure looks like the case for you. Maybe there will be compensation another way. We are sailing in 2 weeks but will be driving in and staying the night before so I was wondering how this would work out. They way we look at it is once we leave home we are "on vacation"! Let us know how it goes for you. Best Wishes!

This is one of the many reasons to buy travel insurance.

Yep...........anyway, on Carnival's website, looks like cruisers on the shortened Conquest cruise will receive $50 (probably port charges for Jamaica, which will not be visited) and 15% of their cruise price.

I did find the site shortly after which stated it would give back 15% of cruise fare....which would help out with a hotel....So I guess that is on your own.

I know weather is not the cruiselines fault...but I just felt if you paid for 7 nights...and only got 6 ...they needed to provide accomadations for the 7 night?? Whihc they are doing as a form of a refund...

Sounds fair...

I pass the cruise terminal, actually over the Crescent City connection (Mississippi River bridge) on my way to work every day. The Conquest was definately no in its usual place this am.

KevinLSU

This is one of the many reasons to buy travel insurance.
Not to mention one of the many reasons to avoid sailing during hurricane season. :rolleyes: People seem to engage the "It will never happen to *me*" gear, year after year.

New Orleans is "pretty-much" business as usual right now. There are some voluntary evacuations expected. As a precaution, non-ambulatory people such as hospital and nursing home patients, and the handicapped usually are taken care of many days in advance. The airport showed no delays earlier, same is true for public transportation. I know of no road closures.

The Conquest and Sensation are safe in the Gulf at the moment, and are expected to re-enter the Mississippi river once the storm dedicates itself to a particular point of entry on the coast. As long as the storm enters East of Louisiana, the river should remain "open" and the ships will arrive at near the same time. Because both ships will be in the city together, the smaller of the two will debark at Poland Street Warf before moving into Julia St. terminal for embarkation following the Conquest' departure.

15% is almost exactly the per diem rate for a 7 day cruise. $150 for every $1000 you handed Carnival for your vacation. Not too shabby. Of course, just try finding lodging and the kind of food you would have on the ship for $150 a day in New Orleans. ;)

I called Carnival yesterday because I was curious; storms seem earlier this year, the rep told me no they will not pay for the hotel. You may want to call though just to be sure since this sure looks like the case for you. Maybe there will be compensation another way. We are sailing in 2 weeks but will be driving in and staying the night before so I was wondering how this would work out. They way we look at it is once we leave home we are "on vacation"! Let us know how it goes for you. Best Wishes!

Just want to clarify what I said above, "once we leave home we are "on vacation"!" What I meant was whenever we are away from home we will be on vacation and will be happy with it even if a cruise is delayed or whatever. :)

We have gone for years to the Destin, Orange Beach, Gulf Shores area for vacation and feel so bad for those that live there. We wish them the best and hope they are safe.

Archived