Honululu Tour Day of Embark

blakethan

Looking for a tour company that is willing to store our luggage, tour the island and get us to the pier by 5:00 in Honululu . Embarkation day and some of the tour companies wont commit to cruise passengers on that day! Any suggestions. Don't want to rent a car!

Here are some suggestions, assuming your staying in Waikiki you can ask the hotel concierge to store your luggage which should be no problem especially if you have a tip in your hand. Then tour around on your own or book an excursion using Roberts Hawaii or some sort of half day tour Hop on Hop Off bus is something else.

Or you can leave your hotel early and check your bags at the pier, just make sure there tagged and leave them with the baggage handlers, no need to worry about checking in till later.I would say no earlier than 10:am for checking bags.

Now you have a couple options, you can tour around the pier area as there is lots to see such as Aloha Tower, statues, Iolani Palace (right across the street from the pier) check their website for times as you can also do a self guided audio tour and some other spots that i can't think of but there all with in walking distance of each other, Your actually in the financial district so the streets are quiet with lots of old building and such if you just weave up and down the streets, very safe.

You also could walk to Chinatown and taxi back or vice versa, along the way look for Murphy's Bar and Grill one of the original 3 or 5 establishments to get liquor first license in Hawaii (do google) search, this place has also been featured on Diner Drive ins and Dives, aside from the usual things y'll find in Chinatown y'll see numerous flower shops with the ladies sitting there making all sorts of lei's, pick up a bunch of flowers for your cabin.

Looking for a tour company that is willing to store our luggage, tour the island and get us to the pier by 5:00 in Honululu . Embarkation day and some of the tour companies wont commit to cruise passengers on that day! Any suggestions. Don't want to rent a car!

Look for an excursion through the ship. We took one on disembarkation day, but I believe they offered some tours on embarkation day as well. Our flight was in the evening and we needed to be at the airport by 3 p.m., so we had the same concerns as you with timing. We ended up doing the Pearl Harbor excursion, and that took care of everything. We were off the ship quickly, on the bus, luggage went with us on the bus, and we were dropped off at Pearl Harbor for a few hours before getting back on the bus and being dropped at the airport in plenty of time. The driver stayed with the bus the entire time. The cruise company would be the best way to ensure you are on the boat on time!

Look for an excursion through the ship. We took one on disembarkation day, but I believe they offered some tours on embarkation day as well. Our flight was in the evening and we needed to be at the airport by 3 p.m., so we had the same concerns as you with timing. We ended up doing the Pearl Harbor excursion, and that took care of everything. We were off the ship quickly, on the bus, luggage went with us on the bus, and we were dropped off at Pearl Harbor for a few hours before getting back on the bus and being dropped at the airport in plenty of time. The driver stayed with the bus the entire time. The cruise company would be the best way to ensure you are on the boat on time!

I did a circle tour with RCI before my flight home - luggage went on bus with tour group The only think is that next time I would store luggage at airport and take transport back to Honolulu (Roberts?) to spend a few more hours.

Archived