Celebrity Solstice Cabin 6300

TravelBugs77

Hi everyone,

Next year we are going on Celebrity Solstice's 17 night cruise from Sydney to Honolulu. We were hoping to get concierge class as that was what we went on our last cruise however due to availability the only balcony left was 6300.

Deluxe Ocean View Partially Obstructed View with Balcony - Catgegory 2C.

Can anyone give any reviews good and bad about this cabin. Are there often cancellations for cruises that you can put your name on a waiting list to pay for an upgraded cabin?

The last threads havent been updated since 2010 so hoping for some more recent reviews.

There is also nothing available for this particular cabin via the cabin reviews section.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi everyone,

Next year we are going on Celebrity Solstice's 17 night cruise from Sydney to Honolulu. We were hoping to get concierge class as that was what we went on our last cruise however due to availability the only balcony left was 6300.

Can anyone give any reviews good and bad about this cabin. Are there often cancellations for cruises that you can put your name on a waiting list to pay for an upgraded cabin?

The last threads havent been updated since 2010 so hoping for some more recent reviews.

There is also nothing available for this particular cabin via the cabin reviews section.

Hi Travelbugs,

There's one review of Cabin 6300 on the S-Class Spreadsheet, which can be found here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&page=4&rowsperpage=250

The review is quite good, other than there being a lifeboat nearby, which will obstruct your downward view. For me, that would not be of any concern, but that's a personal choice.

There's not a "waiting list" to pay for an upgrade, and I highly doubt you will be upgraded further, especially as the sailing is virtually sold out with only insides currently available... but never say never.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful Cruise !

No waiting list, but check their site daily and if you see something open up that is the same price or a little more than yours, give your TA or Celebrity (if you didn't use a TA) a call and try to switch.

If 6300's only issue is a lifeboat below, i personally wouldn't worry about that - it's so minimal in the grand scheme of things. I spend most of my time looking outward at the seas, not downward.

Hello Travelbugs. We are on the same cruise and I see you have found the rollcall. I would say your only chance of an upgrade would be around the time of final payment. Here in the UK and I suspect also in Australia, if you cancel, you lose the deposit. That is not the case in the US so if someone changes their mind it is likely to be when they have to pay the full balance. We met a family once who said they always book 3 cabins on any cruise, all different classes, and when the time came to pay, they decided which one they could afford and cancelled the other 2. I'm not suggesting that this is the case on our cruise but you may just get lucky. We are also on deck 6, not our first choice but it was the only 1A available when we booked back in January.

Hi everyone,

Hi

We also have this cabin booked for March 2014. I have been reviewing it in detail and also found several pictures towards the rear of the ship. There is no lifeboat below you in that group of cabins. There is a few feet of blue roof that extends out past the balcony. It is actually the roof of one of the specialty restaurants below. Another user said the view is good. You cant see directly down to the water but it is absolutely fine looking out to sea. I also think that the last 7 or 8 cabins on both sides of the ship have a bit bigger balcony than some of the others.

Hope that helps, I am more than happy with my choice.

Regards

• 2 months later...