Can we get fresh fruit smoothies on board?

kitcrazy

I believe that the bar menu for alcohol free drinks are all made from concentrate, not real fruit. I watched a mango madness get made from carton drinks.

And the lemonade at the buffet is made from sugar water and high fructose syrup. YUK!

I believe that the bar menu for alcohol free drinks are all made from concentrate, not real fruit. I watched a mango madness get made from carton drinks.

And the lemonade at the buffet is made from sugar water and high fructose syrup. YUK!

That's true too. You would think the gym would have protein shakes available.

I understand where kitcrazy is coming from. For the past almost 2 months, I have been making veggie smoothies using a Magic Bullet NutriBullet and my blood sugar is amazingly stable as a result (no hypoglycemic incidents). While there may be a plethora of food available, a lot of it is high in sugar and simple carbohydrates that make blood sugar levels fluctuate widely in susceptible people. I do not expect the cruise line to accommodate this need, but I will miss my kale smoothies and the stable blood sugar levels that come with drinking them. I will be bringing my own whole grain, unsweetened cold cereal with me and I'll eat a some hard boiled egg whites along side for the protein to ensure that I start off the day with a meal that will not lead to episodes of low blood sugar later on.

I order the kale Caesar salad and substitute the fat free honey mustard dressing.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

I order the kale Caesar salad and substitute the fat free honey mustard dressing.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Is that dressing low in sugar? I know most of the other fat free dressings the sugar is so much higher in them. I usually just do the real thing or olive oil and vinegar.

From Carnivals FAQ:

Confiscated Items

• Electrical and household appliances, i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.

I think a Magic Bullet might not be allowed. Has anyone been able to get on board?

Those examples are all items that heat. Fire hazard?

I have taken my mini blender on several cruises in a row. On my last cruise on the NCL Sun it was confiscated at security when boarding.

I tried my best to debate with them about it but they were serious. Since I was in a suite had a concierge, I talked to her about it and it was waiting for me in my room an hour later.

I was hoping to take it on my carnival magic cruise, but now I am thinking maybe it's not such a good idea at this time.

I agree with you that they are probably prohibited because they are fire hazards. While the items listed are heat producing so are curling irons and hair straighteners. However, my coffee pot turns itself off but my curling iron doesn't. It also may have to do with the amount of voltage. I am just guessing but not sure.

Like you I would be unsure about attempting to get a small blender or magic bullet on board. This is one of those things it might be better to put in checked luggage. At least you could get it back upon disembarking. If it was in carry on you would either have to dispose of it or if you drove to port return it to you vehicle. Neither of those options sound very agreeable.

I agree with no plug in blenders. The bottle bendars are great they do the job just put in your fresh your squeezed oj juice and water maybe some almond mik water be craetive they have choices on a cruiseship to be healthy. It is all about choices. The nice part is wedo not have to prepare a thing you really have a personal chef doing it all. Think of all the fresh fruit and greens ask for your meats to be prepared with no sodium and no sauces . Really its a dieters heaven look at it that way .

I agree with no plug in blenders. The bottle bendars are great they do the job just put in your fresh your squeezed oj juice and water maybe some almond mik water be craetive they have choices on a cruiseship to be healthy. It is all about choices. The nice part is wedo not have to prepare a thing you really have a personal chef doing it all. Think of all the fresh fruit and greens ask for your meats to be prepared with no sodium and no sauces . Really its a dieters heaven look at it that way .

Oh dear just read this...had dental t surgery yesterday still in pain today not a good day to post...lol....forgive my mistakes :eek:

Bottle blender

fresh squeezed oj juice