Review Of A Fantastic Week On Freedom Of The Seas (Western) - October 13-20, 2013

bigque

Great review!

We're heading down to Cocoa Beach tomorrow (to the Courtyard by Marriott) and we leave Sunday on Freedom and I just found your review -- what a great way to get revved up for our cruise! :D

Glad you enjoyed the review...Thanks! Courtyard was right next door to the Hampton. I really liked the idea that you can use the facilities of both places! Happy Sailing....Have a Great Time!

Great review Mike, I just read it start to finish. Freedom is our favorite ship and we love our home port, PC. Your review was entertaining and full of great information and pictures.

Cheers

Thank you glad you enjoyed it!

Mike:

Fantastic Review!

We are going on FOS for the third time next April. We love that ship.

Also, we live in Cornelius so......Go Panthers!

Don

Thank You! Glad you enjoyed it! So you are right around corner. Freedom was great I really love that ship!......... YES Panthers Mania is in the air! :cool:

Hope you don't mind I shared your review in another thread - someone was looking for a trip to Dunn's River Falls with lunch only, they didn't want to take all day - so I sent them your way to read your review!

I have made many notes for my upcoming cruise - thanks for all the info!

Hope you don't mind I shared your review in another thread - someone was looking for a trip to Dunn's River Falls with lunch only, they didn't want to take all day - so I sent them your way to read your review!

I have made many notes for my upcoming cruise - thanks for all the info!

No problem..No problem at all. It is there so that folks might find some useful information! :cool:

• 1 month later...
Thank You! I have the cruise compasses from the cruise. I will probably post them at the end of the review.

This might be too late, but hopefully you'll see it at some point. Did you ever happen to post the cruise compasses? I'm sailing Western itinerary on FOS in June, and can't find any recent ones...the most recent ones I found were May 2013, and they are super blurry, I can't read most of them. If you posted them or could do it, it would be appreciated!

Oh, and I loved your review (and I'm not just saying that to butter you up for the compasses, I REALLY did enjoy it!)

This might be too late, but hopefully you'll see it at some point. Did you ever happen to post the cruise compasses? I'm sailing Western itinerary on FOS in June, and can't find any recent ones...the most recent ones I found were May 2013, and they are super blurry, I can't read most of them. If you posted them or could do it, it would be appreciated!

Oh, and I loved your review (and I'm not just saying that to butter you up for the compasses, I REALLY did enjoy it!)

We just got off the Freedom Western Caribbean January 5 through 12, 2014 and I have all cruise compasses. I will scan and can email tomorrow if you wish? Or I can try to figure out how to post on here. FOS is absolutely AMAZING ship and we even booked our next cruise - Oasis November, 2014 here we come!!!

We just got off the Freedom Western Caribbean January 5 through 12, 2014 and I have all cruise compasses. I will scan and can email tomorrow if you wish? Or I can try to figure out how to post on here. FOS is absolutely AMAZING ship and we even booked our next cruise - Oasis November, 2014 here we come!!!

Oh Goodie, Could you send them to me too???

Pretty Pleeeeeze!:):)

Leaving in 9 days and would love to see what the plans are

Thanks

Rob

robduggan@att.net

Please put freedom in the title so i dont delete:eek:

Thanks again

Wow, that would be great! Do you happen to have any Adventure Ocean schedules as well? My email is isaaxmisc@bellsouth.net

Thanks so much!! Michelle

Me, too, for the January Compasses! On the Feb. 2nd Western, as well. Getting so excited! atlgants@comcast.net

Did you post a review? I want to know all about it!!:):)

(Don't mean to commandeer the thread- awesome review- which we are all super excited about. Especially the Salsa, Salsa, Margarita excursion in Cozumel.)

And...my daughter is dating a young man formerly of Charlotte and we did enjoy those Panthers this year! Leigh

Thanks to whomever bumped this thread up...we are booked on the same itinerary in March! and this was such fun to read!!

Wish they had liked the main dining room better as we eat there a lot and sorry honey stung chicken is no longer offered on embarkation lunch at the buffet...does anyone know when it is available..???

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

033_zps15d7d23f.jpg

037_zps1faf480d.jpg

040_zps08abfdae.jpg

042_zps13b5a193.jpg

043_zps25399beb.jpg

Rather than taking a tour in Cozumel for an excursion, we decided upon the ship sponsored “Salsa, Salsa & Margarita Excursion. On this excursion you learn how to make 4 different salsa’s, a desert salsa, guacamole, 2 different types of margaritas and also learn “How” to salsa! It also included time on the private beach at the end or you can opt to be taken back to ship. This turned out to be a real fun day. We really didn’t know what to expect and was really taking a chance on this excursion. Hoping that it would be good! The guide led us to the taxis’ with about 8 or 10 people to a taxi to take us to a small hotel resort on the beach (About a 10 minute ride) for the excursion. We were taken upstairs to an outdoor patio where the fun and festivities were to take place and given a Chefs Hat and an apron!

The hostess/lead instructor was a real fun young lady who was born right there in Mexico. While were learning to make each salsa one at a time, we were given margaritas to enjoy. The margaritas were all you can drink all day long, including the two you made yourself and any time during the lessons that the two bartenders would see you glass half empty they were filling it back up to the top without asking. If you didn’t want anymore I guess you better yell out “No Mas, No Mas” like you were Roberto Duran in a Sugar Ray Leonard Fight! LOL! The salsa and margarita making part of the lasted for a little over 2 hours. A real fun highlight was when we learned how to salsa. After we were instructed on all the various moves (One such move was “Wax On…Wax Off) they put the music on and we partnered up and did the salsa. Everyone there including ourselves had a blast and I would highly recommend this excursion in Cozumel if you are looking for something different and fun to do!……And did I say…….. all you can drink margaritas all day long??? You have to really pace yourself on those or you could leave feeling a little….no a whole lot toasted! When we were done, no excursion would be complete without them trying to sell you something and they delivered. We purchased the bowl and little smasher, a cookbook and a Salsa, Salsa Margarita Apron. Our guide called a taxi for us and some others that wanted to go back to the ship while some decided to stay to get in some beach time.

Where did you sign up for this excursion? On the ship or did you find it on your own? And if you so mind can I ask how much it was?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would you mind posting a comment on here when you email those cruise compasses (and adventure oceans if you have them)? My email gets so much spam, I don't want to miss it. Thanks so much!!!

Also, any tips you have for first time RCL cruisers?

Where did you sign up for this excursion? On the ship or did you find it on your own? And if you so mind can I ask how much it was?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For Salsa, Salsa Margarita excursion, you can only reserve it through your cruiseline! When you go to their web site, they won't let you sign up any other way. I think if I remember correctly the price was about $89.00, bit it was well worth it, especially if you use their beach resort facilities afterwards!

Thanks to whomever bumped this thread up...we are booked on the same itinerary in March! and this was such fun to read!!

Wish they had liked the main dining room better as we eat there a lot and sorry honey stung chicken is no longer offered on embarkation lunch at the buffet...does anyone know when it is available..???

Don't get me wrong with the ratings I gave on the MDR as other than the nights we ate in Chops & Portifino, we too eat in the MDR. This was our first cruise where the food wasn't as good as our previous cruises, but we are not hard to please and ate what we ordered. There was nothing that was just totaly unedible. On our future cruises we will continue to make the MDR our Main Dinner place on the cruise.

Edited by bigque

Hey all - those of you waiting for the cruise compasses, I apologize for the delay - they will be scanned and emailed tomorrow - I had a bit of a family situation the last week so am a bit behind. They will be coming from my email at goodchildgirl @ msn . com so look for that in your junk or regular email. Thanks and again, sorry for the delay. Happy Cruising!!