Room Upgrade and PYP Beverage Package

kal6578

I apologize if many questions of this nature have been asked in the past, but I am wondering if it is worth a try to upgrade to another stateroom category for our upcoming Reflection sailing. Would our beverage package perk be taken away if we move to a different room? I wasn't sure if to do that the TA would have to completely cancel and re-book the cruise. Thank you so much in advance.

I apologize if many questions of this nature have been asked in the past, but I am wondering if it is worth a try to upgrade to another stateroom category for our upcoming Reflection sailing. Would our beverage package perk be taken away if we move to a different room? I wasn't sure if to do that the TA would have to completely cancel and re-book the cruise. Thank you so much in advance.

I think the answer is "it depends". I recently was able to pay for an upgrade and kept my perk. They didn't rebook the complete cruise from what I can tell. I believe it depends on what rate code you are. I know sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

Hi Kal,

I posted this reply in another thread over the weekend, so I am copying the pertinent parts of that post. I hope this is helpful :

------------------------------------

There are tons of variables when making changes. I've also heard that whether the promo is being offered or not matters. At times when a drink promo was not being offered, many CC members have reported losing the drink package upon making changes - but again, there may have been other variables involved.

Other things that matter.... is whether the new sailing date price is a Five Star Rate or other standard rate. If it's a discounted rate, such as Senior or Resident rate, it's almost a certainty that you would not retain the drink package if you change your sailing date.

The bottom line is to always ask questions to your TA (or Celebrity if you've booked direct), *before* making any changes. I hope this is helpful !

Archived