8 day crossings

capnpugwash

Also the real truth is that for now oil can be the only fuel to power both Containerships and Passenger Ships. If there is to be any alternate fuels other than oil to power both Containerships and Passenger Ships well that is many decades away from happening if it ever happens at all. Regards,Jerry

Edited by Cruise Liner Fan

Also the real truth is that for now oil can be the only fuel to power both Containerships and Passenger Ships. If there is to be any alternate fuels other than oil to power both Containerships and Passenger Ships well that is many decades away from happening if it ever happens at all. Regards,Jerry

What about using real rowing machines. Would help to work off all the extra calories.

David.

What about using real rowing machines. Would help to work off all the extra calories.

David.

Well as fictional character Jack said to fictional character Rose after dinner in the movie Titanic "Time for me to go row with the other slaves" :D But in reality it is only oil that can be used to power the Ships. And please don't listen to the hot air (no pun intended) that comes out of the mouth of Al "The Cigar Store Indian" Gore :eek: Regards,Jerry

We all have opinions about all sorts of things, and this board has witnessed more than its share of arguments over such weighty matters as the dress code, tipping, and the responsiveness or lack thereof of the pursers. At times, the disputes have been a bit overheated, but for the most part they have been well-intentioned and rooted in our Cunard experiences, be they good, bad, and indifferent. Might I suggest that we would be better served, and that newcomers who visit this board would be especially well served, if we did our best to address matters nautical and to avoid matters political, just as we would matters religious? Whether climate change is taking place and, if so, whether it the result of human activity and, if so, whether there is anything we can do to address it, are questions best left to scientists and to well-informed public opinion. After what we in the United States have just been through, I would hope that we could keep this board a refuge from political grandstanding. And now, whether you be of the left or the right, I salute you all and send my very best wishes for wonderful adventures at sea.

Edited by Thaxted

Yes, the report summary indicates that they drank the "climate change" Koolaid. If there was such a thing there is not a damn thing humanity could do to halt or slow it. (Full disclosure: categorize me as an incandescent bulb burning, fireplace using, meat eating, fur and leather wearing cruise ship passenger.) ...
Here we go again. I too like incandescent bulbs, fireplaces, meat eating, fur, and leather; but, I also believe that while all are entitled to their own opinions, none are entitled to their own facts.