8 Days on the Carnival Legend in the Western Caribbean

debee1015

We were told most of the crew on the Legend would turn over this week and Sunday November 17th as their contracts were up. I guess many of them expected to be on the Legend in Europe only and not come back to the States. We were also told Carnival is encouraging the European staff to sail on the Australian cruises as Europeans do not need work visas in Australia.

As long as they have those Christmas decorations up on the 17th when we sail, I don't care who's working. :D

John Heald posted all the dates for the holiday decor, but I can't find it.

We've been hit or miss on being on a ship with Christmas decorations even though we sail the week after Thanksgiving or later.

I'm hoping the ship will be done by the time we arrive.

Also really enjoying the review as a way to get through the next month.

John Heald posted all the dates for the holiday decor, but I can't find it.

We've been hit or miss on being on a ship with Christmas decorations even though we sail the week after Thanksgiving or later.

I'm hoping the ship will be done by the time we arrive.

Also really enjoying the review as a way to get through the next month.

I saw that post from John Heald. He said they would be up on the Legend for the 11/17 sailing.....yeah!!!! I always sail in November and always miss the decorations by a week or two.

I will be with you on the 10th - and like you have been waiting for a review from this side of the pond. And small world, I also live about 35-45 minutes from the port in Lakeland. Small world!

Not to hijack :o but there are quite a few of us from the general Tampa Bay area on the 11/10 cruise. I always think it's funny when so many "locals" who live in "paradise" travel to even better "paradise"...but I'll do it as often as I can afford :p

OP....keep it coming can't wait to hear the rest!! :D

I think we might have been on the same stingray trip. We were suppose to go with Mobi Dick but his boat was having mechanical issues so we went with another group. Guy had a beard fairly long, tied it up with an elastic his dad was onboard with him. Cant think of the name though! argh

I am also doing a review on this trip, starting it tonight I hope!

debee, really enjoying your review. Love your style, and may be a good idea to write while onboard to have a fresh perspective of the days events. Looking forward to more.:D

Thank you.

It worked well because I could write things down while they were fresh in my mind.

yippeee! I'm so happy the Legend is back in Tampa and I have a review to entertain me while I wait 13 more days :D

How was the weather?

It was pretty good up until the last sea day when it was cloudy all day. But I figured mother nature owed me after sailing behind Sandy in 2012.

Not to hijack :o but there are quite a few of us from the general Tampa Bay area on the 11/10 cruise. I always think it's funny when so many "locals" who live in "paradise" travel to even better "paradise"...but I'll do it as often as I can afford :p

OP....keep it coming can't wait to hear the rest!! :D

Most of this ship was "local".

I think we might have been on the same stingray trip. We were suppose to go with Mobi Dick but his boat was having mechanical issues so we went with another group. Guy had a beard fairly long, tied it up with an elastic his dad was onboard with him. Cant think of the name though! argh

I am also doing a review on this trip, starting it tonight I hope!

That was Chip and his Dad's name was Buster.

hope you weren't the woman on her husbands shoulders screaming everytime the stingrays rubbed against her. LOL

All Grand Cayman Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/debee1015/sets/72157637280400606/

10657673883_fbbcf345c0.jpg

IMG_1039Breakfast

10657456536_0464de0050.jpg

IMG_1050The Legend and a Princess ship later on in the day we would be joined by a ship built by a mouse.

10657455104_575ce03373.jpg

IMG_1061

Gas is HELLA expensive

10657449924_b29f525ecf.jpg

IMG_1067 The Far Tortuga

10657881073_072e134dda.jpg

IMG_6017

BROWN THINGS IN THE WATER.... oh just sting rays...

That was Chip and his Dad's name was Buster.

hope you weren't the woman on her husbands shoulders screaming everytime the stingrays rubbed against her. LOL

LOL no thank god that wasnt me LOL she was funny though and such a nice lady!!

I was the one with the cane, walked a little slow, but had a great time!!! This was my third stingray swim.

\

Do you know if that man that was cut by the stingray barb needed stitches? I know they said he might but I never heard whether he ended up with stitiches or not.

LOL no thank god that wasnt me LOL she was funny though and such a nice lady!!

I was the one with the cane, walked a little slow, but had a great time!!! This was my third stingray swim.

\

Do you know if that man that was cut by the stingray barb needed stitches? I know they said he might but I never heard whether he ended up with stitiches or not.

He was on the Princess ship so I don't know what happened. :(

I just wanted to share a picture of my "babies" that I left behind:

9697700699_c21b797d28.jpg

Untitled

Roxy is in the foreground and Wicket (named after the Ewok from Star Wars ROTJ) in the background.

Thanks for sharing your furbabies! Leaving mine behind after he finishes his last round of chemo this Wed is the one reason I am having a hard time getting excited for this cruise. Thanks for taking the time to do a review. I know how long they take so I appreciate the work!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

yippeee! I'm so happy the Legend is back in Tampa and I have a review to entertain me while I wait 13 more days :D

How was the weather?

Hey Poptart, we sailed on the Legend 10/21/13 and the weather was perfect, smooth sea, daytime temp. upper 80's, water temps low to mid 80's. The Legend is truly awesome, we love the spirit class and we are sad she will be leaving us next year for adventures in Austrailia. Wish we could travel on her again before she leaves, hopefully it won't be a year round assignment for her. Have fun and BTW how's the DH? Hope he's doing good....I did my cancer markers a week before we sailed, needless to say we had a great vacation celebrating 26 years of marriage.:)

All Grand Cayman Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/debee1015/sets/72157637280400606/

10657673883_fbbcf345c0.jpg

IMG_1039Breakfast

10657456536_0464de0050.jpg

IMG_1050The Legend and a Princess ship later on in the day we would be joined by a ship built by a mouse.

10657455104_575ce03373.jpg

IMG_1061

Gas is HELLA expensive

10657449924_b29f525ecf.jpg

IMG_1067 The Far Tortuga

10657881073_072e134dda.jpg

IMG_6017

BROWN THINGS IN THE WATER.... oh just sting rays...

Thanks for all the pictures of the sting ray adventure. DW and I did this 3 years ago, along with a swim with the dolphins. Best day for excursions ever in Grand Cayman.:D

Thanks for sharing your furbabies! Leaving mine behind after he finishes his last round of chemo this Wed is the one reason I am having a hard time getting excited for this cruise. Thanks for taking the time to do a review. I know how long they take so I appreciate the work!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I hope everything works out for your pup.