Royal Caribbean Menu/Food

Avista

We just spent a week on The Oasis. On the whole, it was a wonderful ship. The one disappointment for me was the food. Although lobster night was excellent, I missed the menu RC had in the past. Often could not find a thing that appealed to me on the menu. Went to alternative entrees and ordered a strip steak. It was dry, tough and gray on top as if cooked in a microwave. Am i just picky or have others had same experience?

While there have been some improvements, the old menu was better. The first night on Majesty I ordered the Beef Sliders w/ Steak Fries as I didn't see anything I liked. Even with the appetizers, I had broth (consomme) a couple of nights. I miss the Cream of Pumpkin soup and the Spinach Dip.

The "included' steak whether it was the ol sirloin or now the strip has never been good to me. Ive given both a chance on all three ships Ive been on. RCI could most certainly step it up a notch with their quality of beef.

Now I hear the once delicious Prime Rib is even bad :(

I really enjoyed the duck and lamb shank on Freedom though!

Food reports are always hard to comment on because taste is so subjective and food experiences with the same menu will often vary greatly from person to person. Nobody's opinion about their experience is wrong, and there have been many comments both pro and con regarding the new menu. In our case, we have found our own pros and cons with both the old and the new menu, but in general have not had the experience as you report.

Did you try any of the other venues? If you only ate in the MDR, that too would not necessarily reflect the overall food quality on the ship as there are numerous alternative venues available that would likely have provided different experiences for your evaluation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I find there are just too many seafood choices now which I don't eat. The appetizers on the old menu, IMHO, were much better. Why they removed the ever popular Vidalia Onion Tart is beyond me. We tried the new menu once or twice and really weren't crazy about it. Now, our dinner venue of choice is the Windjammer . . . lots of variety and pretty good food. Plus, you can be in and out much quicker if you want to and you don't have to dress up which DH and I prefer.