Review of the UBP

Mikeyz30

Just got off the Breakaway 10/27 sailing and purchased the UBP along with two other couples. In the end it was well worth it and we didn't even have to try hard, plus I only had one drink the day we were in the Bahamas. Not once was I drunk.

I did have drinks that I probably normally wouldn't have but it allowed me to be flexible and try new things. I would normally start off with a bloody mary, drinks by the pool, pre-dinner drinks, and a couple drinks after dinner. I did not stay up late as we had children, average was prob 10 o'clock.

What I did notice, and maybe it this was covered before on previous threads, but it seemed certain drinks up to $8.75 were covered. The flyer they give you mentioned $8.50 with the exception of wine up to $10, but my travel mates had martinis, manahattans, cosmos, which were all $8.75 and were included in the package.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask while the package details are still fresh in my head.

Just got off the Breakaway 10/27 sailing and purchased the UBP along with two other couples. In the end it was well worth it and we didn't even have to try hard, plus I only had one drink the day we were in the Bahamas. Not once was I drunk.

I did have drinks that I probably normally wouldn't have but it allowed me to be flexible and try new things. I would normally start off with a bloody mary, drinks by the pool, pre-dinner drinks, and a couple drinks after dinner. I did not stay up late as we had children, average was prob 10 o'clock.

What I did notice, and maybe it this was covered before on previous threads, but it seemed certain drinks up to $8.75 were covered. The flyer they give you mentioned $8.50 with the exception of wine up to $10, but my travel mates had martinis, manahattans, cosmos, which were all $8.75 and were included in the package.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask while the package details are still fresh in my head.

Thanks for sharing! Nice to hear the UBP worked out well for you and hope you had a great cruise.:)

I agree it worked well for us too. I was however drunk once - on GSC. Sunshine and Bacardi Bar. LOL. But I loved that since we all had it, we gave our bartender one card and it was one signature (especially in Vibe). They always wrote UB on the top of the receipt - it was easy - the bartenders knew what was included. In fact, I got grey goose orange with diet sierra mist a few times and I don't believe GG is supposed to be included, but I had no problems with it.

I liked having it and having no surprises.

Grey goose is included, was drinking plenty of it last week on the UBP :)

Nice! In the pdf I saw, it showed GG as a premium and not included. I was a happy girl. Someone told me you couldn't get a GG martini - maybe that was it. It was refreshing with diet sierra mist!

The bartenders we met said they can make any drink you want to fit the UBP even if it was listed on the menu at a higher price. I am assuming they are using cheaper alcohol but hey, if you want to try something, why not.

Have to agree that it really isnt hard to break even with this deal if you are a moderate drinker. On vacation we all tend to imbibe more and 8 to 10 drinks over the course a full day & evening with a few Pepsi thrown in isnt really that much.

I was also surprised that Grey Goose was included but attributed it to being generous with the bartenders. I was also served 2 drinks at a time when I wanted to use my thermos mug.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Have to agree that it really isnt hard to break even with this deal if you are a moderate drinker. On vacation we all tend to imbibe more and 8 to 10 drinks over the course a full day & evening with a few Pepsi thrown in isnt really that much.

I was also surprised that Grey Goose was included but attributed it to being generous with the bartenders. I was also served 2 drinks at a time when I wanted to use my thermos mug.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Love that they will do this! I went around with my "wine sippy cup" all the time on my one cruise.

I would have to agree with every single person on here. We had UPB and kept our receipts (most of them at least) I feel we definitely got our $$'s worth. I was only "over-served" one night (possibly 2, darn Blue Lagoon's :D). So if you have a few by the pool, one before dinner, one or 2 during dinner and then a few after, it will be worth your while. We even had one day where we didn't get back from the shore excursion until nearly 4:00. But we still made out well. If you have any doubts and you are a moderate drinker, go for it.

I was able to get the drink of the day(not in the souvenir cup though) every day and it was included in the UPB. I even had one bar tender "Surprise" me. He made the most delicious drink - he said he was the only one that made it and wouldn't tell me what it was - Baileys, Kaluha, chocolate vodka and other yummy stuff in a blender. It was "included" as well. We will definitely get the UPB again.

So glad to read all of these positive reviews. Having really enjoyed the beverage package on Oceania, I am so glad that NCL has joined the trend. It will keep me sailing NCL!

I started a thread of my own for feedback on the UBP and Vibe, but where is the best place to buy as soon as we board? Is Mixx the only place to do so?