Questions for Recent Jewel Cruisers

Going on Jewel in March, but living the experience vicariously in advance! :D

• What time were the cabins available on embarkation day? I've seen both 1:00 and 2:00 posted.
  • There has been some debate about Muster Drill. Was it at 6:00, 8:00 or some different time altogether?
  • I assume formal nights are Night 2 and Night 6, correct?
  • Which night was the 70s party?
  • Which night was Quest?
  • Are there still crepes in the Solarium, or has that gone away?

Thanks!

We sailed on Jewel for a Cozumel, Mexico 4 day out of Tampa. I believe we boarded at 12PM and were able to go directly to our balcaony cabin where champagne was awaiting. It depends how quickly the previous cruise passengers leave and let the rooms be cleaned.

I believe muster drills are always about 1-1.5hrs before departure.

We sailed on Jewel for a Cozumel, Mexico 4 day out of Tampa. I believe we boarded at 12PM and were able to go directly to our balcaony cabin where champagne was awaiting. It depends how quickly the previous cruise passengers leave and let the rooms be cleaned.

I believe muster drills are always about 1-1.5hrs before departure.

Sorry, I should clarify 7-day Jewel out of San Juan. Schedule would be a lot different than the shorter western Caribbean cruises out of Tampa. The ship doesn't depart until 8:30PM.

Thanks!

October 5 sailing information. We had the Aruba/Curaçao itinerary.

Muster drill was at 8pm ONLY.

We waited for a really long time with it pouring rain (steamy!) for what I assume were passengers not showing up. :confused:

Formal nights were 2 and 4. Night 5 was all white. There was a deck party this night. Night 6 was 70's.

Night 3 was listed as "Smart Casual/ 50&60's Rock 'n' Roll" - whatever the heck THAT was supposed to be.

Love & Marriage day 5.

Quest day 6 at 11:30pm in Safari Club.

No crepes in the Solarium.

ETA: Cabins were ready at 1pm

Edited by notsomadhatter
Additional information

Thank you, notsomadhatter! This is GREAT information!!

I didn't know about "white night" in the dining room. I've seen other theme nights in the past, but not this one. That certainly influences my packing! Good thing I asked!

Happy to hear from others as well, in case it's not the same on all itineraries. I'm on the Tortola-Barbados itinerary.

Depends on which itinerary you do. We did a b2b in October. Rooms ready just before 1 each time. Muster is at 8. Formal night were different for the 2 itineraries.

Do you recall the dates for your itinerary?

• Formal nights?
  • 70s party?
  • Quest?

Thank you, notsomadhatter! This is GREAT information!!

I didn't know about "white night" in the dining room. I've seen other theme nights in the past, but not this one. That certainly influences my packing! Good thing I asked!

Happy to hear from others as well, in case it's not the same on all itineraries. I'm on the Tortola-Barbados itinerary.

You're welcome! I found out about the "White Night" here on CC. Glad I did because there were a pretty good percentage of passengers wearing white! Went and found myself a dress to on clearance in my pre-cruise shopping. Just consider wearing leggings or shorts - it gets windy up there! This was our first Royal cruise so I felt the need to soak up as much information as I could.

Have a few Cruise Compasses kicking around (sorry, no scanner) but if you have any more questions I can try to find the info for you.

Do you recall the dates for your itinerary?

• Formal nights?
  • 70s party?
  • Quest?

Sorry I don't. First formal night was day 2 but the 2nd formal night was different on each cruise. Other activities were also at different times and days. Even the menu was switched around.

Printingchick,

We were on the Jewel on September 7th. The itinerary was St. Maarten, st. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, day at sea! Our formal nights were day 2 (St. Maarten) and day 5 (St. Lucia). The White Hot Night was day 4 (Antigua). 50's/60's Night was on Day 3 (St. Kitts). Quest was Day 6 (Barbados) at 11:15 PM.

One thing to remember if you are doing this itinerary is that the day you are in St. Maarten is a Sunday and the stores in town close by 2:00 PM. We went to Maho Beach and when we got back to shop a little before we went back to the ship everything was closed !!!!!

During our Meet & Mingle party the Jewel Rep. (can't remember his name) advised the they had changed to only one muster drill at 8 PM.

We had such a good time on the cruise that we have booked another cruise on the Jewel on April 26th! Can't wait!!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheryl

Edited by SkiCruiser

Printingchick,

We were on the Jewel on September 7th. The itinerary was St. Maarten, st. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, day at sea! Our formal nights were day 2 (St. Maarten) and day 5 (St. Lucia). The White Hot Night was day 4 (Antigua).

During our Meet & Mingle party the Jewel Rep. (can't remember his name) advised the they had changed to only one muster drill at 8 PM.

We had such a good time on the cruise that we have booked another cruise on the Jewel on April 26th! Can't wait!!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheryl

Thanks for clarifying the muster thing- we've seen compasses and reviews that mention 2 and our RC is trying to set up informal M&M s, so good to know!

Maybe the itinerary that includes Aruba and Curaçao has the formal night on one of those extra seas days- the alternate itinerary only has a sea day the last day, which is never a good formal night (packing day:()

Get there early for the 70's show. Excellent! I thought Carly started out a little lukewarm on the cruise..but really redeemed herself in this show! Great dancer!

Was a little disappointed in Quest. Pretty mild compared to others I've seen..depends on the cruise director. Was PG 13. Have seen others where people were taking clothes off!