Inside Cabin Deck 8?

Mattypies

I currently have inside, category L, connecting cabins booked on deck 11. I would love a balcony but unless the price comes down this is the most I can afford. I booked these cabins before I new about the wealth of knowledge available on cruise critic.

I have been reading about deck 8 and it sounds to me that this would be an ideal location. The cruise line sold me on deck 11 because of the public balcony but realistically it is in the back of the ship and we are forward. Rooms 8446 and 8448 are available but they are the first rooms after central park. I can't visualize the seperation between central park and the cabins. Does anyone have pictures? Will it be noisy? Any info would help.

This is our first cruise and I want to make it fabulous for my family!

Thanks,

Heather

Being near Central Park, in my mind, would be an awesome location. You won't hear any noise. Cabins are isolated from public areas and elevators. If you took those cabins you would have a short walk to the Park Cafe in the morning to pick up some coffee and have some breakfast in the Park Cafe. The Park really is a very quiet and peaceful location.

If your cabin on deck 11 is forward it will be a very long walk to those aft balconies.

Those cabins seem to be in a perfect location. There is a wall separating the cabins from the elevator/stair lobby and the entrance to Central Park, so that's really not a concern. My hesitation is that they are next to the men's room, and I wonder how much noise that would generate.

Are any of the other connecting pairs on Deck 8 forward available? You're going to love the location, being able to walk right out onto Central Park (and using that as a passageway to get to the venues at the rear of the ship).

Still, if 8446/8448 is the only pair available, I think it is a risk worth taking.

Have you looked at deck 7 or 6 forward? You'd be a quick flight up or down to CP or the Promenade, which would still be an excellent location. (We were deck 10 forward, and it was great, but being lower and closer would have been even better!)

Edited by DonnaK

Thanks for the encouragement! I called Royal back and I was able to get 8551 and 8553. I feel so much better about my inside cabin now. My dd is directionally challenged and I think this will make it much easier for her to find our room. She can use landmarks in Central park instead of a long corridor where everything looks the same.

Does anyone know if the door to the room is on the same corridor as the balcony rooms or if it is the inside corridor? Does that make sense?

Heather

It is in the same hallway as the balcony cabins...you will be directly across from 8550&8552 I agree, the walk thru the park will be an easy way for a child to locate the cabin...it is also just by the elevator and stairs so DD should have no problems. I say, nice choice in taking the move.

Thanks for the encouragement! I called Royal back and I was able to get 8551 and 8553. I feel so much better about my inside cabin now. My dd is directionally challenged and I think this will make it much easier for her to find our room. She can use landmarks in Central park instead of a long corridor where everything looks the same.

Does anyone know if the door to the room is on the same corridor as the balcony rooms or if it is the inside corridor? Does that make sense?

Heather

Perfect choice! You will be very happy with that location!

Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 months later...