A (mostly) Carnival Cruiser Tries Princess - a b2b on Golden Princess

Sargent_Schultz

Sargent-another great batch. The ship (i.e. Princess) really puts on quite a show at Halloween. Nice to see you getting in the picture too.

I love the shots of Skywalkers-exteriors are very striking and it's one of the things I am most looking forward to on the CB which is a sister to the Golden.

The "shopping cart handle" was a very bold design innovation and much more striking and dramatic than the following designs on Diamond and Crown to name but two. I hope you have some shots from up there looking forward through that long row of windows on each side of the walkway.

Keep the photos coming and when you run out....take another cruise.

What have you had in 2013 so far...is it 6 or 7 cruises???

Norris who did ONE in 2013 (Ruby)

Sargent-another great batch. The ship (i.e. Princess) really puts on quite a show at Halloween. Nice to see you getting in the picture too.

I love the shots of Skywalkers-exteriors are very striking and it's one of the things I am most looking forward to on the CB which is a sister to the Golden.

The "shopping cart handle" was a very bold design innovation and much more striking and dramatic than the following designs on Diamond and Crown to name but two. I hope you have some shots from up there looking forward through that long row of windows on each side of the walkway.

Keep the photos coming and when you run out....take another cruise.

What have you had in 2013 so far...is it 6 or 7 cruises???

Norris who did ONE in 2013 (Ruby)

8 cruises if this b2b counts as 2. Was 7 but just got off of Carnival Sunshine and that will be the last one this year. An unusual cruise year for sure. When 1 cruise was cancelled, booked 3 more in retaliation. :eek: and the "free" Princess cruise offer was too good to pass up. When prices are good, I like to take advantage of it. Other years can be lean.

I didn't take many pictures from up there but will check. Also might have some from Grand Princess before they butchered it.

Having not done a b2b on Princess before, I wasn't sure what was involved. Everyone kept saying don't worry, you will receive instructions. Over and over. It turned out to be pretty easy but I didn't receive instructions until after dinner so was getting a little ticked off. Oh well, now I know.

Received an in transit card, didn't have to take luggage off and it was moved to my new cabin. Did have to exit the ship, go through immigration and wait to reboard the ship.

But first breakfast!

DSC_1373_Zyde.jpg

Pineapple Juice - allegedly

DSC_1376_Zyde.jpg

Cinnamon-flavored fresh Apple Wedges

DSC_1377_Zyde.jpg

Bacon, Link Sausage, J.B.'s French Toast

DSC_1380_Zyde.jpg

Passenger Services (Purser/etc)

DSC_1441_Zyde.jpg

This was the day that the TSA employee was murdered at LAX. As a side effect, our departure was delayed once or twice, until 9pm that night. But really we could have delayed departure much longer and still made it to Ensenada with time to spare.

Life Boat Drill time. I do like that Princess doesn't require passengers doing b2b cruises to attend the second time, but sine I had changed cabins and muster stations, it was probably a good idea to go the second time, so I did.

DSC_1442_Zyde.jpg

DSC_1443_Zyde.jpg

Afterwards went to the CC M&G, but only managed a picture of one couple it appears. Oh well.

DSC_1445_Zyde.jpg

Ole!

DSC_1446_Zyde.jpg