A (mostly) Carnival Cruiser Tries Princess - a b2b on Golden Princess

Sargent_Schultz

As a long time Carnival cruiser, I have always enjoyed your reviews. We will be taking our first Princess cruise December 18th. I cannot wait to explore a different ship and a new cruise line.

Do you get up at the crack of dawn for those photos with no people? :confused: or do people on Princess sleep in or go to bed early?:p.

Are there mystery or superstition coins on Princess cruises? kids always enjoy searching for them.

Thanks for the extensive review and comparison. Appreciate your hard work.

Joy

As a long time Carnival cruiser, I have always enjoyed your reviews. We will be taking our first Princess cruise December 18th. I cannot wait to explore a different ship and a new cruise line.

Do you get up at the crack of dawn for those photos with no people? :confused: or do people on Princess sleep in or go to bed early?:p.

Are there mystery or superstition coins on Princess cruises? kids always enjoy searching for them.

Joy

Dittos....Sarge gives extensive photo reviews. He takes a beating on the Carnival boards at times....but I appreciate his effort to share all of the information he gathers/experiences.

We really enjoyed Princess Sapphire this summer....going on Crown to Aruba in a few months. I made some Carnival/Princess comparisons/observations in my review. Like most CCers - I just love cruising and having a lot of options/choices with lots of lines/ships....too many to do/places to see. :-)

I enjoyed the change after doing 4 in a row on Carnival...now going back to Glory w/ Funship 2.0 upgrades over Thanksgiving before sailing Princess again. I think you will like the food and change of scenery. My co-worker just got back from their 2nd RCCL Allure sailing....as a long time Carnival cruiser he said it is a must do at least once.

John in NC

We were on the November 4th cruise and had the same show and performers as we did in October. British Invasion is not my favorite, but your performance looks like fun! What was the show?

That show was Caliente. We also have British Invasion coming up. Shows are mostly a don't care for me, but I thought I would check them out along with the ship.

Hi Sargent, I'm still here. Loving the photos of this beautiful ship. Keep the food shots coming too. Enjoying your comments also. Very concise.

Norris, sailing on the Caribbean Princess in January

I'm still here, too, but a little push never hurts.

Thank you and continue to enjoy. Next up, Ensenada.

Did I miss it? Where is the review, Princess vs Carnival??????????:D

I point out differences as I remember them. Thee is more common than not.

Joy

Thank you.

I don't do the crack of dawn unless I see something through the balcony window that makes it worthwhile. I had inside cabins in these cruises. ;)

Some people have thin blood I guess. It was a little cool on the first cruise. There were also more walkers and such on the first cruise. People do turn in earlier on Princess cruises but there were some night owls.

I thought about coins, but didn't trip over any and had not read of any on Princess before. Perhaps others know better.

You're welcome and thank you!

Dittos....Sarge gives extensive photo reviews. He takes a beating on the Carnival boards at times....but I appreciate his effort to share all of the information he gathers/experiences.

We really enjoyed Princess Sapphire this summer....going on Crown to Aruba in a few months. I made some Carnival/Princess comparisons/observations in my review. Like most CCers - I just love cruising and having a lot of options/choices with lots of lines/ships....too many to do/places to see. :-)

I enjoyed the change after doing 4 in a row on Carnival...now going back to Glory w/ Funship 2.0 upgrades over Thanksgiving before sailing Princess again. I think you will like the food and change of scenery. My co-worker just got back from their 2nd RCCL Allure sailing....as a long time Carnival cruiser he said it is a must do at least once.

John in NC

Thank you.

Cruise envy can get ugly sometimes. :p

Here I signed up for the Wino tour. Interestingly, it cost $10 more to book it on the ship than online. The next cruise, I don't think there was a price differential. Go figure.

Our tour guide was pretty good.

DSC_0551_Zyde.jpg

DSC_0552_Zyde.jpg

DSC_0553_Zyde.jpg

there were certainly some empty seats

DSC_0554_Zyde.jpg

don't take the good watch ashore

DSC_0556_Zyde.jpg