A (mostly) Carnival Cruiser Tries Princess - a b2b on Golden Princess

Sargent_Schultz

Fantastic pictures! Thank you for sharing. I'm gonna check out your other reviews now. :)

You're welcome. When it comes to reviews, I put the PRO in procrastinate. I'm still working on a couple of them off and on.

While it is true that the basket comes with the entree size, if you ask they will bring you the basket with your appetizer. Definitely yummy:D.

I thought they would but there was too much other food to try, Next time I think I'll order the entree size to get the picture, eat the basket and a little of the fettuccine. ;)

You're welcome. When it comes to reviews, I put the PRO in procrastinate. I'm still working on a couple of them off and on.

Well you clearly put a ton of effort into them and it's greatly appreciated. I'm really impressed with your Carnival Sunshine review as well..the upgrades look awesome. Thanks again!

Hey, Sargent -

What time of day did you take the excellent photo of Golden's MUTS with no people on the deck, the one on your website?

Thanks in advance.

Could you help me out with at least which day of the cruise? Picture number would be a bonus!

Or are you speaking of this one?

np_muts_lg.jpg

I borrowed it from the Princess website. :eek:

Not free as far I know. Didn't see any self-serve machines like you can find on Carnival.

Prices I saw were $1.50 for a regular or $3 for a large.

Thank you! It's not a bad price, I just won't drink up like I'm use to...lol.. Do you remember what type of drinks are all you can drink (free) .. Just curious .. I know I'll still have to bring my Diet Dr Pepper either way..

Thank you! It's not a bad price, I just won't drink up like I'm use to...lol.. Do you remember what type of drinks are all you can drink (free) .. Just curious .. I know I'll still have to bring my Diet Dr Pepper either way..

Regular water, tea, coffee. Juice at breakfast. There was a charge for juice off the regular room service menu. Regular rooms service would bring coffee, tea, milk. No charge for juice on the door hanger breakfast card.

I think that's about it.

You could bring your own hot chocolate mix or packets and get hot water on Lido.

I used to order hot chocolate as my dessert after dinner. Between my B2B Alaska cruises on Diamond Princess in May 2010, and my Emerald Princess cruise in August the same year, they started charging for it and espresso in the MDR. EM

Are you sure about the espresso? I know in 2005 they were charging for cappuccino in the MDR on Grand - at least at lunch.

Oh, that is hilarious!! And thanks very much for the extensive pix of the Golden. After being on the Grand, I am now considering the Golden for a cruise next year, partly due to your photos.:cool:

My guess would be at dusk or dawn for the picture. Even if there were people in the picture, there are ways to make them disappear.

You're welcome!