Dushi Taxi - Curacao

janpatch

We cruised on the Caribbean Princess arriving in Curacao on October 31st but were only in port from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We wanted to make the most of our visit so decided to hire a driver for the day to show us the highlights of Curacao. We found Dushi Taxi (Natassja Gibbs) on CC and were very pleased with her services. Natassja speaks very good English, has a great sense of humor and is passionate about her island. She took us first to visit the Hato Caves and we arrived well before the crowds. Our group consisted of only 6 people which was really nice. Next we visited Boca Tabla where waves were crashing on the rocks (also included a taste of delicious oyster soup), then we went to Kenapa Beach to snorkel. Kenapa Beach was postcard perfect with good snorkeling and best of all it was free! Afterwards we went to Laguna Beach for more snorkeling and then headed back towards the cruise pier. However, when Natassja found out that I like stroopwaffel (a dutch treat), she made a point to take us to the market where they made stroopwaffel fresh and hot. It was delicious! She then drove us to the swinging bridge and said farewell. We enjoyed Natassja's tour and felt like we learned a lot about the island of Curacao. Natassja treated us like family and we really enjoyed her tour.

Very happy to read this, awesome!

The stroopwafel cart is at Albert Heijn supermarket (for any future guests who want to have some).

And you went to Kenepa (Knip) beach and Lagun. I agree that Kenepa is the most beautiful beach we have over here. Glad you enjoyed your day in Curacao.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering . Does she take us to anywhere or does she suggest various places? Can you tell me what the dutch treat is? I am sure it has flour. I am not trying to be funny as I have Celiac and cant have flour. I saw Kenapai beach is the best. Any more suggestion. Not into snorkeling or a lot of walking. Thanks so much for all your help.

Just wondering . Does she take us to anywhere or does she suggest various places? Can you tell me what the dutch treat is? I am sure it has flour. I am not trying to be funny as I have Celiac and cant have flour. I saw Kenapai beach is the best. Any more suggestion. Not into snorkeling or a lot of walking. Thanks so much for all your help.

The tours are customized according to your wishes, but she let's you know what is realistic as far as timeframe.

She will also let you know which beach would be best for you as far as not walking far, etc.

Stroopwafels is a type of cookie with LOTS of syrup and honey. There is flour in it, so if you're allergic please don't have any.

We also used Natasja's services while in Curacao during our visit January 8, 2014. We were in port from 2pm - 11pm and she did her best to get us to as many places as possible before the sun went down. Our main stops were Hato Caves and Boca Taba (which was an absolute beautiful stop)! Natasja was very knowledgeable of the island and it's history, and took us in like family. We even had the opportunity to meet Natasja's mother and see her beautiful piece of paradise. By far one of the BEST private tours we have ever done! Thank you Natasja for making our visit one we will never forget! :D

Another cruiser singing Natasja's praises! We are booked with her again in a few weeks. She is quick to answer emails, and make suggestions based on your time in port. We did the Hato Caves and Boca Tabla last time with some beach time. This trip we have the 2-11 port time and plan to head straight to the beach. Her free wi-fi in her van was also a nice perk! Our granddaughter had surgery the day we were in port and being on wi-fi allowed for updates between phone calls.

• 2 weeks later...
Very happy to read this, awesome!

The stroopwafel cart is at Albert Heijn supermarket (for any future guests who want to have some).

And you went to Kenepa (Knip) beach and Lagun. I agree that Kenepa is the most beautiful beach we have over here. Glad you enjoyed your day in Curacao.

Hi

Looking for advice.

I emailed Natasja about a day at the beach and she recommended Cas Abao over Kenepa.

I told her we were looking for beautiful and quiet (not crowded). We will be in Curacao on a Wednesday.

Which beach do you like better? (Is either better for a little snorkeling?)

• 4 weeks later...
everyone says they love the tour and the guide, but there is no phone number or e-mail address to contact.

Please someone post it.

You need to google her company name or search on the "social network" page - I'm not allowed to give local contact info...:(

Hi

Looking for advice.

I emailed Natasja about a day at the beach and she recommended Cas Abao over Kenepa.

I told her we were looking for beautiful and quiet (not crowded). We will be in Curacao on a Wednesday.

Which beach do you like better? (Is either better for a little snorkeling?)

There might be some reasons why she prefers to take you to Cas Abao. This beach is a lot closer and has all amenities. Kenepa (Knip) is all nature, no amenities and almost at the most Western tip of the island.

Kenepa is prettier, though. Both will be quiet if you're in port during a weekday.

everyone says they love the tour and the guide, but there is no phone number or e-mail address to contact.

Please someone post it.

We just did a tour with Dushi Taxi last week and thoroughly enjoyer our day with Natasja. She was a pleasure to work with and helpful in setting up our day to accommodate what we wanted to do. She was waiting at the ship when we walked off and 6 hours later, she returned us to the ship right on time. And what fun we had in between!!! :D As others have mentioned, she is a passionate person, seems to know everyone on the island, and has built a nice business built on her reputation.

She doesn't have a web site but you can reach her at natasjagibbs@hotmail dot com and you can find her on Facebook at: www dot facebook dot com slash dushi taxi (remove spaces, change slash to / and dot to .)

I just wonder why Dushi Taxi isn't listed on Trip Advisor?

Could be because either she doesn't have time or doesn't know how to get it set up on TA. She's a one woman business and a single mom. Also, not every vendor shows up there - which is why I always check other sites (like CC) for feedback/recommendations.

I figured that if she is good enough to drive Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands and the rest of the Dutch royal family around Curacao (that's the picture of Natasja with the Queen at the top of Dushi Taxi's Facebook page) she was good enough to drive our group around! LOL ;)