NCL Customer Service

sowhynot

This is directed to NCLCSR or anyone who has had a similar experience with ANY cruise line for the following:

My wife and I have 8 cruises under our belts. We usually get either the "inside room" or a "deal" on a window to watch the scenery go by... We decided this cruise to "live it up" and get a porthole or window.

Mid March we booked the 11 day Jewel New England/Canada cruise through a travel agency with a guaranteed "H" category room. About two months ago we went on-line to do the all important "documentation". At that time, I noticed I was assigned room number 8580. I clicked on that room to find out that it has an obstructed view !!!

I called the travel agent who called NCL. The CSR informed my agent that we were "upgrated" to category "G". Also, he was informed that this cruise was booked up. However, the folks at NCL did re-assign me a new room; now 8566, again an obstructed view!

Today I called the Latitudes CSR who again stated the ship was booked. I asked if I could go back to the category H; booked! I asked for the difference back from an inside to what I was given; I had to get that from the travel agent... This was a confirmed booking. She informed me that I needed to call back EVERY few days to see if a cancellation occurred...

All I want is an unobstructed view out a lousy porthole!!!!! Also, I can not figure in my life WHY an obstructed view is BETTER than a category H... Could someone explain this???

A very puzzled cruiser

Location location location. Deck 8 is in the middle of everything. Never book a GDT if you have to have a certain cabin. You are better off in the cat G with a picture windoweven if there is a lifeboat outside your window then one of the four H cabins stuffed in the front of the ship on deck 4 with a porthole.

FYI - look at the deckplan 8566 is a great cabin. The view is not that obstructed. One of 4 cabins with a smalll lifeboat. You should have a clear view over the lifeboat. Far better then the sea level view on deck 4

Not a CS problem a booking problem.

Here is a picture from the Jewel but the same as the Dawn your window will be above the small lifeboat :)

wwwIMGP7334.jpg

Look below the "o" to see the pothole for the H

wwwIMGP7333.jpg

I had no idea that the booking was GTD! You are right, this is a fabulous location EXCEPT for the window issue... But, like my wife says, we can always go topside and view whatever we want... (Just not immediately after we awake, ha,ha,ha)

Thanks for the "wake up call, shoreguy... I needed that!

Jim

I had no idea that the booking was GTD! You are right, this is a fabulous location EXCEPT for the window issue... But, like my wife says, we can always go topside and view whatever we want... (Just not immediately after we awake, ha,ha,ha)

Thanks for the "wake up call, shoreguy... I needed that!

Jim

I added a bit more

Look at the pictures the story gets better - enjoy your cruise - we get so little time to relax.

Shoreguy,

After REALLY looking at the plans of deck 8, I am looking at the second life boat your picture shows... Of course, this is the even numbered side, not the odd numbers...

Check it out! Are these sister ships?

Jim

Following another thread, I found the following:

Cabin 8566

Crib (1)

Duvet (1)

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Sitting Area (1)

Sprinklers (1)

Pier forward (1)

Cabin Square Footage (161)

Shower (1)

Convertible Lower Beds (2)

Midship Section (1)

Oceanview Stateroom (1)

Obstructed View Percentage (100) the real answer...

Picture Window (1)

Port Side (1)

Tea and Coffee Maker (1)

Internet access (1)

I think I will try for a balcony, unless NCLCSR has any ideas...

Jim

Shoreguy,

After REALLY looking at the plans of deck 8, I am looking at the second life boat your picture shows... Of course, this is the even numbered side, not the odd numbers...

Check it out! Are these sister ships?

Jim

Same on both sides 8566 is in the middle of the first boat, They are sister ships.

03_dp_8dk_04.gif

Same on both sides 8566 is in the middle of the first boat, They are sister ships.

03_dp_8dk_04.gif

Now I am REALLY confused... I can only go by the Jewel diagram. Here it is:

Jewel_dp8.gif

This shows a different location for cabin 8566...

Jim

Thanks for confirming the lifeboat... I thought I was a goner on the room numbers!

I guess I am still back at square one; that is calling each day to see if they have had any cancellations... How frustrating ! ! !

Thanks for your ear...

Jim

Thanks for confirming the lifeboat... I thought I was a goner on the room numbers!

I guess I am still back at square one; that is calling each day to see if they have had any cancellations... How frustrating ! ! !

Thanks for your ear...

Jim

I will try and get a peak in that cabin when I am on the Jewel in September.

I am in G8068 on Jewel in a couple of weeks time on the shakedown/lets be nosey cruise ;)

I am going to do as much exploration aboard her as I can, some of the party who are travelling with my TA have one of the big suites too...so will go have a nosey in there - with camera in hand ;)

Archived