Sea sick meds free?

eng4

Ginger gum works WONDERS. No taste and does the trick, with absolutely no side effects.....Hoping you have smooth seas.....:D:D

Where do you find ginger gum? I always take the capsuels (sp) with me and they really do work.

Willing to bet her motion-sickness problems happened

on the leg of the journey after Valor passed thru the channel between Southern St.Lucia

and the North end of St.Vincent

and then is headed up-wind, up-weather, up-swell to Barbados for the next 110 miles. :)

That can be a bumpy leg! I've done it several times (see where I live?)

One time I was in Victory cabin 6207, riiight up front..over the bow! Never again.

I was a bit green around the gills: not a nice feeling.

I routinely board ship with a six-pack of Ginger Ale in cans

and a roll or two of Ginger Snap cookies.

Key word: Ginger ;)

Other tip: Apples (ask the U.S.Navy) :)

oh no...I see that you were in a 4J cabin on the Valor...So are we! Yikes...I will make sure I have the ginger Caps and bonine. Love Granny Smiths so that won't be an issue to eat them!

Edited by jrmende63
cpu thinks Bonine should be Bonnie

My fil went to GS for some seasick meds and was told he had to see the ships dr. He ended up getting a shot of something.

Me and dh use non drowsy dramamine, youngest ds uses kids dramamine and oldest ds uses ginger pills. Kids dramamine has dairy in it and he's allergic.

I did learn from cruise critic about the green apples. On my last cruise i had too much to drink and a baaaad hangover the next day. Tried a green apple for my stomach. Didnt work, but worth a try. Lol.

Wow, when did they start charging? Seasick meds have always been free at Guest Services on every cruise I have taken.

I was on a cruise this past February and got sea sick for the first time in my life. It was early in the morning with rough seas, and the gift shop wasn't open yet. I went to Guest Services (no wait) and bought Meclizine. I'm not sure when they started charging, but it was the best $3 I spent that cruise (4 pills I believe). :D

There was a Bonine sample in the bathroom goodies when I was on the Dream in October (2 pills).

Edited by Happy0810

Does anyone know if the sea sick meds are still free? We are sailing on Liberty in January.

Unfortunetly this is another area that Carnival has decided to turn into a profit center. It used to be you could get them from the desk or even from your cabin attendant for FREE. Now you can get them for (we got some some last week on the Imagination) $3.29 for four pills. Strongly suggest you obtain them from your drug store before you leave. They ar a lot cheaper that way.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi -

Traveling on The Pride 12/15/13 with 5 NEWBIES.

Though my family - DH, DS 21, DD 19 & I - usually do not get seasick, should the newbies take something before we sail?

They are 14, 19, 19, 20, and 23.

We have 4 Aft Balconies. Thanks!

Edited by ForSharonB

I don't generally get sea sick but I do get car sick. On my last cruise I was worried because of the tour we had planned that included a windy, lengthy drive towards the Pitons (my last serious motion sickness was on the road to hanna in Hawaii so I had reason to worry). What worked wonders for me were Trader Joe's ginger mints. I took them before even getting on the bus and chomped them down the whole time.