Best of 3 hotels

nanwel

I have an option of staying in one of 3 hotels with credit card points and only the tax as an extra charge for me.

Best Western Stellar

Holiday Inn Potts

Holiday Inn Darling

Not sure which would give me the best walking around oportunities, I have been to Sydney twice before, so although I love the waterfront, and want to take a harbour cruise, it is not the most important thing for me

Would there be a local bus I could take to/from different venues if I book one of those 3?

I will get a transfer from the airport, and a taxi from the hotel to the ship, but just not sure of those hotels for convience - there was talk on this site once about area's we should not go to if possible at night.

I am a single female.

Hi nanwel,

All of your choices seems to be convenient for transport - on bus lines or rail. Walking would be street walking - no harbour walks by any of these hotels, but you already knew that.

Best Western Stellar is right in the gay part of town. Personally I don't think this would be a great choice for a single female.

Holiday Inn Potts Point is opposite the train station so great for transport. This area encompasses Kings Cross known as the red light district of Sydney. Again, not sure that this is particularly safe at night for a single female but would mainly depend on how late your nights were.

Holiday Inn Darling Harbour is right by Chinatown so again quite convenient for transport.

For walking around.....my choice would be Potts Point because PP has many heritage buildings and beautiful tree lined streets.

Sorry....this has not been a very helpful post. Hopefully others will chime in with other points of view.

While the previous comments are quite correct, personally I would prefer Darling Harbour in terms of location from the hotels you nominate.

I note that you are referring to Holiday Inn. What about Holiday Inn Old Sydney which is down at the Rocks and only a couple of hundred metres from the Overseas Passenger Terminal. Would this be an option for you?:)

I agree with annenic, and would favour Potts point.

That said, Darling Harbour is more central to the CBD so if you want the standard city centre attractions would be the preference. But for walking and seeing something different, and connectivity to transport, and a nicer location I'd favour Potts point.

Thank you for the help.

The H Inn at the Rocks is not available for points use.

Do not have to book via points, but thought I should use them before they expire. they are changing to a cash out, and I only get pennies on the dollar compared to using them on this trip for a hotel.

Call me cheap, but I hate to save them for a couple of years to loose them when they change the program!