Enchantment, are the hair dryers in the bathrooms or in the bedroom vanity?

On some ships I've found the hair dryers in the top drawer of the vanity (or dresser) instead of attached to the bathroom wall. I want to bring a curling iron along in January, and didn't know if where I can plug it in will be near a mirror? I'll be in a Suite on the Enchantment. Thanks for any insight.

On some ships I've found the hair dryers in the top drawer of the vanity (or dresser) instead of attached to the bathroom wall. I want to bring a curling iron along in January, and didn't know if where I can plug it in will be near a mirror? I'll be in a Suite on the Enchantment. Thanks for any insight.

There are two US type plugs near the vanity, so you can plug in both the hair dryer and the curling iron.

I have seen both american plug and european plug hairdryers in cabins on Enchantment. Yes it is true! I have been in the new part and the old part. Don't remember which had which. Or maybe one went out with the Euro plug and it was replaced with an american plug dryer. But I noticed it right away when I traveled on Enchantment. Not something you see on every cruise ship.

And it is on the vanity in the cabin and not in the bathroom. Also, one cabin had a shower curtain and one had a shower door!

Kelly

What?!?!?!? No, it doesn't, unless some previous cruiser has left a European-wired hair dryer in your room!!!!

The one on the Liberty TA I just got off of did, as have the majority of hairdryers on my other 29 cruises so I must be getting left behinds. I wish, though, they would leave a better dryer as it is the typical cheap have to hold the button down hairdryer.:D

Sherri

Is there a hair dryer in each cabin (I might be confusing HAL with RCCL as my last cruise was with HAL). Do I need to take a hair dryer with me on the cruise? I am doing a major splurge in January (from not being away from home for six years due to caring for my father that passed away in July)....so my last cruise memories were from 2005/2006/2007 on RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, and Disney. My daughter and I are staying alone in a two-bedroom, two bath Royal Family Suite for a three-night Bahama cruise in January, and I wondered where to dry my hair and use a curling iron (and if I need to bring my own hair dryer? Thanks for any insight.

Is there a hair dryer in each cabin (I might be confusing HAL with RCCL as my last cruise was with HAL). Do I need to take a hair dryer with me on the cruise? I am doing a major splurge in January (from not being away from home for six years due to caring for my father that passed away in July)....so my last cruise memories were from 2005/2006/2007 on RCCL, HAL, Celebrity, and Disney. My daughter and I are staying alone in a two-bedroom, two bath Royal Family Suite for a three-night Bahama cruise in January, and I wondered where to dry my hair and use a curling iron (and if I need to bring my own hair dryer? Thanks for any insight.

There is a hair dryer in each stateroom. They are the kind that has a button that needs to be constantly pressed to stay on.

The one on the Liberty TA I just got off of did, as have the majority of hairdryers on my other 29 cruises so I must be getting left behinds. I wish, though, they would leave a better dryer as it is the typical cheap have to hold the button down hairdryer.:D

Sherri

29 cruises. And every single one of them had a hairdryer with a European plug?

How many of these cruises were on Royal Caribbean??????

(and you have to hold the button down on all of RC's hairdryers)

29 cruises. And every single one of them had a hairdryer with a European plug?

How many of these cruises were on Royal Caribbean??????

(and you have to hold the button down on all of RC's hairdryers)

All 29 cruises were on RC, and yes, I believe the majority of them had the European type of plug because I always have trouble getting it unplugged. My husband has reminded me that some of them had the hairdryer plugged into the drawer so you did not have to plug or unplug it, but I'm guessing if I could have seen the plug it would be a European.:D

And yes, I realize that you have to hold the button down on all of the hairdryers on RC but obviously, you did not understand my joke.

Sherri:)

All 29 cruises were on RC, and yes, I believe the majority of them had the European type of plug because I always have trouble getting it unplugged. My husband has reminded me that some of them had the hairdryer plugged into the drawer so you did not have to plug or unplug it, but I'm guessing if I could have seen the plug it would be a European.:D

And yes, I realize that you have to hold the button down on all of the hairdryers on RC but obviously, you did not understand my joke.

Sherri:)

Sherri, this is really shocking to me. I have NEVER seen a non-North American hairdryer on any Royal Caribbean ship, yet you say that most of yours have been European? Are you SURE that you know what one looks like? I'm not trying to be obnoxious or unfriendly, but, again, I have NEVER seen one...and I have a few more cruises than you. ;) And I cannot imagine any reason that RC would have European appliances in their cabins......

EU_Plug_European_Power_Cords_418.jpg

In the greater realm of life, this hardly matters, but I am trying to make some sense of this!

:)