Royal Caribbean Announces Allure of the Seas Will Undergo Repairs in February 2014

NBCNewsGuy

First this is tacky on NCL's part. Second they sound desperate and last NCL has nothing that can compete with Allure.

Opportunistic yes. Tacky or desperate no.

Pretty common to highlight sales opportunities from competitors when the situation arises. It's far from desperate which would be something like we'll give you xxx commission for each demonstrated transfer from a cancelled sailing * Proof of prior booking required.

Good reading, and glad to see that some of the old timers of CC are commenting on this thread.

The problem with the Allure is severe enough, that management feels the need to remove the ship from service for a week, to have repairs completed at a shipyard where the yard can either handle the ship afloat or dry, but not as well as major repairs to the Oasis Class.......which, Royal Caribbean will only allow in Europe.

What saddened me, was the email from NCL.........I'm just shocked! I feel sorry for a company that is so desperatly in need of filling their ships, to lower themselves to this level.

And that is all that I have to say, except..Royal Caribbean announced the problem, the time off, and now what they will do for the passengers of that booking.............and I applaud them. ;)

For those with displaced bookings.........I know that Royal Caribbean has a number, sorry I don't have it...........but every passenger on that cruise will be taken care of........as that is the company that created the situation, they also offer the solution.

I also know that there are some that are unhappy, because of a special occasion, etc, and for those......I reach out to you, and hope that you will find a wonderful alternative.

Rick

Good reading, and glad to see that some of the old timers of CC are commenting on this thread.

The problem with the Allure is severe enough, that management feels the need to remove the ship from service for a week, to have repairs completed at a shipyard where the yard can either handle the ship afloat or dry, but not as well as major repairs to the Oasis Class.......which, Royal Caribbean will only allow in Europe.

What saddened me, was the email from NCL.........I'm just shocked! I feel sorry for a company that is so desperatly in need of filling their ships, to lower themselves to this level.

And that is all that I have to say, except..Royal Caribbean announced the problem, the time off, and now what they will do for the passengers of that booking.............and I applaud them. ;)

For those with displaced bookings.........I know that Royal Caribbean has a number, sorry I don't have it...........but every passenger on that cruise will be taken care of........as that is the company that created the situation, they also offer the solution.

I also know that there are some that are unhappy, because of a special occasion, etc, and for those......I reach out to you, and hope that you will find a wonderful alternative.

Rick

Am I the only one that thinks the private email to travel professionals that was copied and pasted on here wasn't really all that bad? What exactly was so terrible about it? They didn't say anything that wasn't true. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app