NCL's Trip Insurance

Twinzma

I have a cabin on hold and am waiting to hear back from DH if he can get the time off of work. NOW they are telling him that he may have to wait until Monday when another manager comes back, to find out if he can take it off! The sale is ending and I don't want to miss out so I want to go ahead and book it anyway. Do any of you have experience with NCL in regards to their statement that if you cancel for any reason not on their insurance that they will give you a future cruise credit? If I book now and have to cancel on Monday I'd be in the 50% window and I really don't want to lose $1,000! Or should I just find a premium trip insurance policy outside of NCL with a cancel for any reason clause.

In advance I thank you all, and I am so sorry for asking something that has probably been asked a million zillion times here! I am just so nervous and fumbling around reading horror stories about lack of insurance is NOT helping me relax any:o

OP, I'd suggest you to call NCL. You can yourself make a reservation online and put it on hold for a day but as I just this week needed to transfer my old FCRs to two friends that have never sailed with NCL yet, the CC rep extended the courtesy hold for those two reservations to five days so that they (NCL) could have the transfer done internally - maybe they could extend the hold if you ask nicely, it doesn't cost anything to ask.

Edited by Demonyte

The NCL travel protection does cover cancel for any reason... if u cancel for a covered reason u receive a full refund... if u cancel for a not covered reason (like not getting time off of work) u receive a future cruise certificate of 75% of the cancellation fees for standard, and 90% of cancellation fees with platinum... ncl charges you the cancellation penalty, and you have to file a claim with Berkrley care... the third party providor of the booksafe travel protection...

We just went through the exact same thing! DH was told they would have an extended Christmas break so he wanted to book a cruise. But trying to get confirmation from his work proved difficult, meanwhile I was on the phone holding a room 24 hours at a time.

Ask your PCC to hold if for you and hopefully he/she will. Or alternate between having your PCC put a hold on it, then go on line and do it yourself.

Good luck, hopefully all the stress now will be worth it when you are on board!

The NCL travel protection does cover cancel for any reason... if u cancel for a covered reason u receive a full refund... if u cancel for a not covered reason (like not getting time off of work) u receive a future cruise certificate of 75% of the cancellation fees for standard, and 90% of cancellation fees with platinum... ncl charges you the cancellation penalty, and you have to file a claim with Berkrley care... the third party providor of the booksafe travel protection...
Thanks for the heads up!:D

Thank you all for your advice! DH told me tonight that the owner of the Co went ahead and approved the time off! I just got home and called my TA and we are booked! Going on the Epic January 18th! WAHOOOOOOO I am so excited. My boys are going to flip out, the 18th's their B-day!:D