Santa on board?

seaotter15

Many years ago we were on the NCL Windward over Christmas not only did Santa arrive by Life Boat, the Captain gathered children on the stage and read the Night Before Christmas on Chritmas Eve. NCL did a great Job

We will be on the Breakaway over Christmas with our 9-year old. Quick question: does Santa ever make an appearance on ships? Thanks!:)

Christmas 2009 and Santa made it to the GEM with gifts for all the kids. Photographer as they posed with him. There was a reading of the Night Before Christmas in the Atrium on Chrismas eve, followed by Carrolling/Sing along. There was a special menu in the Main Dining rooms, and some of the Specialty restaurants as well did a special menu.

I love seeing the ships decorated with the trees and gingerbread houses.

Seeing as they had the bunny greet us upon embark on our Easter Sunday cruise I would hope Santa would be there too! I was very impressed that Ncl actually had Easter decorations on the ship.

Funny...we sailed the week before Easter (returning the day before Easter) and there was nothing onboard to suggest it was Easter. Oh, except for some pretty drunk spring breakers! (Not complaining ...was a great cruise!)

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

Funny...we sailed the week before Easter (returning the day before Easter) and there was nothing onboard to suggest it was Easter. Oh, except for some pretty drunk spring breakers! (Not complaining ...was a great cruise!)

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

We embarked at 11 am on Easter Sunday it was the jewel out of NYC. The bunny of course was for the kids. This cruise was half the cost of the cruise the week before because spring break for public schools is the week before Easter so as to cover Easter and Passover. Catholic schools have the week after Easter off. The ship had eggs and bunnies taped up all over the ship and they had giant solid chocolate bunnies on the tables in specialty restaurants.

I can understand why there were no Easter decorations the week before as those disembarking on Easter would celebrate it at home not on the ship. Christmas is a month long decorating event whereas Easter is not so much for most who celebrate