Is Crab Shack on all the large ships now?

KruzPrincess

I read reports of Crab Shack being on different ships. I'd like to try it. I'll be on the Star next. Is it on all the larger ships now? Is it every night or just special nights? I just read a post that someone was on the Coral and a Crab Shack lunch was offered one day. Just wondering what experiences everyone has had. Thanks.

I read reports of Crab Shack being on different ships. I'd like to try it. I'll be on the Star next. Is it on all the larger ships now? Is it every night or just special nights? I just read a post that someone was on the Coral and a Crab Shack lunch was offered one day. Just wondering what experiences everyone has had. Thanks.

We were on the Grand to HI two weeks ago and it was offered just about every other night - it has become that popular. I know it is being offered on other ships, but not sure which ones.

They usually take part of the Horizon Court and convert in for the Crab Shack nights.

In looking at other threads, it appears it is now on the Star - don't know how often, though. We were disappointed because what were advertised at King Crab legs were not King Crab legs. They were about as large around as a little finger.

Many others on our cruise relatedly went back because the enjoyed it so much....

It is on the Golden, and it was offered every night of our 3 night trip. Hopefully it will be on Sapphire before January.

Please tell me about the Crab Shack lunch :)

Edited by Piepkorn

There is - it is $20 per person, but is all you can eat as well.

It was 20.00 p/p on the Royal a couple weeks ago but definitely not all you can eat :confused:

The food was good but probably not worth an extra 20.00. The two of us ordered the biggest Steam Pot, there were 2 half sets of crab legs, assorted clams and mussels, some large shrimp, one small ear of corn p/p, a lot of boiled potatos and hunks of smoked sausage. The app/Soup courses are set, you get a choice of 4 entrees and then a choice of a small dessert.

It was fun and festive....the tables are covered in brown paper with crayons a'la a crab shack, and you are draped in a large 'bib' by the server. It was only offered one night on our cruise, the Wed evening.

Hope this helps!

JNathan

It is on the Golden, and it was offered every night of our 3 night trip. Hopefully it will be on Sapphire before January.

Please tell me about the Crab Shack lunch :)

On the Royal it was only on some evenings but never for lunch. Could it be the Pub Lunch which also offers some seafood options & is free?

Edited by Astro Flyer

On the Royal it was only on some evenings but never for lunch. Could it be the Pub Lunch which also offers some seafood options & is free?

The person who wrote about it said it was a shrimp and lobster lunch in the Bayou Café and it was called Crab Shack. They said they missed Pub Lunch, so I don't think they were confused. I put the link in the previous post.

The person who wrote about it said it was a shrimp and lobster lunch in the Bayou Café and it was called Crab Shack. They said they missed Pub Lunch, so I don't think they were confused. I put the link in the previous post.

Thanks...hopefully it's not the beginning of the end of the free Pub Lunch to be replaced by a $20 Crab Shack in the Bayou Café. For us on the Royal the evening Crab Shack's menu wasn't worth $20/pp. but some have enjoyed it.

Princess answered a face book question about this in October, saying that Crab Shack was on Coral, Golden, Grand, Island, Royal, and Star, at that time:

Princess answered a face book question about this in October, saying that Crab Shack was on Coral, Golden, Grand, Island, Royal, and Star, at that time:

Thanks for the info. I'll be on the Star and will look forward to seeing if it's still there.

Wow... twenty bucks, huh? I'll pass

We passed on it...there's no shortage of shrimp & mussels at the buffet and it was posted that the crab legs were not as expected. It's another option some will enjoy but we'll spend an extra $5 to go to the Crown Grill...it's good to have choices.