Credit card authorization for Island Paradise Tours

echokat

I have booked tour with Roosevelt Taylor's Island Paradise tours for Dec. 13, 2014 and part of the down payment is a credit card authorization form where they request photocopies of the front and back of the card AND a photocopy of my passport or DL. I feel squishy about sending such information out of country. I already called him and gave him my CC number. Has anyone else felt this is unreasonable? Thanks for any input.

I have booked tour with Roosevelt Taylor's Island Paradise tours for Dec. 13, 2014 and part of the down payment is a credit card authorization form where they request photocopies of the front and back of the card AND a photocopy of my passport or DL. I feel squishy about sending such information out of country. I already called him and gave him my CC number. Has anyone else felt this is unreasonable? Thanks for any input.

Under no circumstances would I ever send photocopies of my credit card and passport or drivers license to any tour operator or company, as it would place me at risk for identity theft. I have reserved many tours by providing my credit card number over the phone or paying on the day of the excursion in St. Kitts and other Caribbean islands.