Amsterdam: Promenade Ocean Views?

Host Carolyn

I have not been on the Amerstdam (yet :) ) but have been on the Ryndam a few times, and they are "twins". I travelled in one of the OV cabins under the MDR and it was great, no overhead noise, and no noise from walkers on the Lower Prom deck.

We met a lady on one cruise on the Ryndam who was on the Lower Prom deck in an OV, and EVERY morning around 4:30 the noise started overhead -- she was under a galley. If I was booking on the Lower Prom again, I'd make sure that the cabin was underneath the MDR.

Thinking of booking 14 day Alaska .. noticed quite a few oceanviews on promenade deck... How noisy are they? THinking ovs lower down better than people looking in your window?

thanks

There are no cabins on the Promenade deck. We once had a cabin on the Lower Promenade that was below the galley and quite noisy at night. On the Main deck, below the LP, you run a risk of "heavy walkers" overhead early in the morning.

I have not been on the Amerstdam (yet :) ) but have been on the Ryndam a few times, and they are "twins".
No, Amsterdam is R class and Ryndam is S class, a difference of about 120 passengers. Edited by jtl513

Hi

I have been on the Amderdam (my Favorite ship) in 2011 and 2012 to Alaska. I was in maain deck inside room.

and room 3355 Promenade deck never had any noise. I am back on the Amsterdam in 2014 and on Promendae deck. Its a great deck you will not be sorry. Bokk middle of ship. Steps away froom doors to out side Great windows. No one can see in.

Mary

I spent 68 days in 3110 on the Amsterdam lower promenade deck. It's quite far forward and was a little bumpy crossing to Russia, but if you don't mind that, it was a wonderful location. Not a thru passageway to anywhere so little traffic in the interior corridor. You are very near doors to the outside deck; also very near the stairs to go up only one level to the front desk, shore excursions, showroom. It was under the rear part of the Queen's lounge, from which I almost never heard anything but some vague music. If you must be able to hear a pin drop before 11 pm, maybe not for you; I loved it.

The window was over the bed, so better most of the time to go the few steps to the deck when there was something special to see. Short of stripping naked with the drapes open and all the lights on at night, nobody can see anything.

Edited by surfsidemary