Epic - which would you choose???

Willowmina

We (Me, DH, DD (10), DD(8) are currently booked in a 2 bedroom Haven Suite. My question is... should we switch to an owners suite??? 17004, 17007, 170032 & 170035 are available. I'm confused if these suites have solarium (which i would not like) or open air balconies. Please HELP! Thank you!

;) see toward bottom half ..

All around floor-to-ceiling windows, separate bedroom with king-size bed, dining area, bath with vanity sink, tub and separate shower, refrigerator, safe, flat panel television, music console, phone, hair dryer, private balcony. Distinctive key card, butler and concierge service, butler available to unpack luggage, sparkling wine, bottled water and fruit, expresso/cappuccino machine, special suite room service menu, full in-suite breakfast menu, breakfast and lunch at specialty restuarant, afternoon treats in suite, fresh flower arrangement, plush bathrobes, slippers and towels, (Haven suites have access to exclusive courtyard area with private pool, sundeck, hot tub and fitness center), priority embarkation and disembarkation, priority tendor boarding.

16002 and 16005 have floor to ceiling windows that overlook the bow from the lounge, solarium balcony and bedroom, the walk in shower has a massive window to the side (16002 has the window cleaning system parked outside the shower window). The enclosed balcony can be accessed through sliding doors from the lounge, bedroom and bathroom, and when sitting in the tub you look through the balcony to the front of the ship. The enclosed balcony has three windows that slide open and has two loungers. All the windows have drapes and or pull down blinds for privacy although other that seagulls no one can see you. Below these suites is the Garden Cafe with no noise or food smells. 17004 and 17007 also overlook the bow but only from the bedroom and the bathroom tub, the lounge is squarer than 16002/05 because they have an open large side balcony accessed from the lounge and bathroom. Cabin 17004 open side balcony is much larger than the side balconies of the Courtyard villas. Above is the private sundeck for the Courtyard. 17032 and 17035 have a very large lounge area, super walk in dressing area and bathroom with a large open balcony, there is to the side of the balconies the shafts from the deck that actually do not affect your view outwards. 17030 and 17033 have a fantastic wrap around open balcony to the pool deck and side of the ship, again with the same superbly appointed lounge and bathroom.

Avg sq ft cabin: 731 Balcony: 121

I was this year in DOS & booked again Mar/14 again on Epic in a DOS. For 2 people I think they are great but for more than 2 I'd do the 2 bedroom suite for sure. The DOS only has 1 bedroom & 1 full bathroom with a powder room. To have 2nd bed you have to pull couch out in living room.

To me 17030 and 17033 are the best balcony wise .

I was in 17030 this year & you don't have any privacy on balcony ie if you want to have morning coffee on balcony & if you choose to do so in your housecoat be prepared to be on display. Also the noise from the deck particularly during the day is constant so if you want to quietly sit on deck & say read it's not going to happen. This coming year I'm going for 17004.

We (Me, DH, DD (10), DD(8) are currently booked in a 2 bedroom Haven Suite. My question is... should we switch to an owners suite??? 17004, 17007, 170032 & 170035 are available. I'm confused if these suites have solarium (which i would not like) or open air balconies. Please HELP! Thank you!

We are on the same cruise with you in a 2 bedroom haven. Believe me- that second bedroom is needed with two kids. See you soon :)