Cruise in 2 weeks - 2 quick questions

cjcruises

Hi, we sail aboard Star 2 wks from tomorrow. (First time on NCL after 5 cruises on other lines.). DD10 injured her midfoot 2 days ago and is on crutches (no weight bearing) for 10-14 days, which means the day we fly out is the first day she can do some partial weight bearing. Obviously we will need to bring her crutches with us. Do I need to let NCL know about her condition (via my TA)? She likely will only use the crutches sporadically throughout the cruise.

We are booked in an SJ (family suite).

#2 I have to get a little gift ($20 or less) for Santa to give my children ay DH's k work kids Christmas party tonight. I have some things I could use for them, but last night I thought it might be nice for Santa to give them something they can use on our cruise. Any suggestions? My twin D'S are 12, DD is 10.

TIA

Maybe they would like the stuff to make a poster to display as we go through the canal. The photogs will probably be out on the shore taking pics and they like to zoom in on the posters hanging from the balconies.

BTW -- Are you on the roll call ? We are leaving LA tomorrow on the Star and will be making the trip back to LA with you.

You won't need to notify NCL unless she needs special handling or assistance.

Edited by swedish weave

A scooter is a wonderful thing when you are physically challenged. Special needs at Sea (google it) will deliver a scooter to the room and pick it up for a reasonable price but that scooter will be worth its weight in gold for the mobility it allows. This is the only firm that NCL deals with and you might want to see if there is a handicap room available, they make all the difference when you have mobilty problems. I know all this because I broke my foot badly on Tuesday and sailed on Sat. The airport will also provide a wheel chair from where you check in to your gate and vice versa on the way home. Goodluck.

@Bill

They are on the RollCall -- it's the family of SEVEN that might stick in your head?

Hey Charity/Jason -- you speak of DD's -- I have names (for the nametag stickers) that all look MALE, although I did harbor a ? about Sidney... Are the twins male or female?

Bummer on the foot. I don't think she'll want a scooter on board (too limiting?) but do call the airline for a chair in the airport if you have change planes because sometimes the trek can be quite a distance.

Gifts for 10 and 12... I know almost nothing about children -- how about games that are easy to carry like Yahtzee or decks of cards (and a "Book of Hoyle")? I think kids are mostly doing electronic games these days, but I myself miss old-fashioned games and have ordered a 'travel cribbage' set for this cruise.

Also -- something magnetic? the walls and doors are steel... maybe they would get a kick out of "decorating" -- Target had colorful magnets in the stationery/back-to-school a while back (if you have that store or something similar, in Canada).

@Bill

They are on the RollCall -- it's the family of SEVEN that might stick in your head?

Hey Charity/Jason -- you speak of DD's -- I have names (for the nametag stickers) that all look MALE, although I did harbor a ? about Sidney... Are the twins male or female?

Bummer on the foot. I don't think she'll want a scooter on board (too limiting?) but do call the airline for a chair in the airport if you have change planes because sometimes the trek can be quite a distance.

Gifts for 10 and 12... I know almost nothing about children -- how about games that are easy to carry like Yahtzee or decks of cards (and a "Book of Hoyle")? I think kids are mostly doing electronic games these days, but I myself miss old-fashioned games and have ordered a 'travel cribbage' set for this cruise.

Also -- something magnetic? the walls and doors are steel... maybe they would get a kick out of "decorating" -- Target had colorful magnets in the stationery/back-to-school a while back (if you have that store or something similar, in Canada).

Sidney is a girl - we went with the traditional male spelling, rather than Sydney as we didn't want to name her after the local "Sydney tar ponds". The twins are boys - Grant and Nathan.

I am hopeful that she won't need to use the crutches too much throughout the trip. As for the airport, Toronto has little shuttle vehicles (golf carts) that will happily transport her from place to place. When we flew from Toronto to Barcelona, the cart driver asked the kids if they wanted a lift, and they were all very much able-bodied on that trip, lol.

Thanks for the help. Glad to know I don't have to make any arrangements with NCL. I was mostly worried about the kids' club, but I'm sure she'll be fine.