Early Saver Restrictions on Dining

kevinyork

They cannot compete with Celebrity on the product in my opinion and now it seems they can't on price either.

We have only been on Celebrity twice - in 2009 we cruised on Summit and thought it was good but not vastly superior to P&O. We then cruised on Solstice at the end of 2012 and felt that it was vastly superior to Ventura in March 2013. I don't think that Celebrity had changed that much but that P&O's standard had dropped significantly. We have booked Celebrity again for 2014 and feel that free drinks package, tips and OBC makes it for a us a good deal (albeit not quite as good as the OP's).

You are right that P&O should be able to compete but stupidity like the situation that the OP found with the Dining choice will make their customers look elsewhere. Situations like this and the Vantage fare debacle will finish them and now many are just waiting around for a Getaway or whatever they get renamed to, which forces P&O to run cruises with many passengers on low fare which in turn forces them to downgrade the product to trim costs.

I feel now that P&O are good for last minute deals and also the Caribbean with the 'free' flights but I would not pay full fare now for the product on offer.

You have it exactly right, Celebrity have not improved dramatically but P&O along with Princess have dropped their standards significantly since Carnival took over.

I have just googled US travel agents but can't find one doing those sort of prices. Can you give us another clue?

Sue

Its hard as I cannot mention a name. If you are looking for a CRUise it isnt a CON. Oops my caps lock got stuck there. Hope that helps. The price shown in the summary of all prices may change when you click to get an actual quote. Thats what happened to me. Currently have a 2D Balcony for 10th May on Eclipse for & £1309pp, free classic package, tips and $300 obc.

Edited by kevinyork

Its hard as I cannot mention a name. If you are looking for a CRUise it isnt a CON. Oops my caps lock got stuck there. Hope that helps. The price shown in the summary of all prices may change when you click to get an actual quote. Thats what happened to me. Currently have a 2D Balcony for 10th May on Eclipse for & £1309pp, free classic package, tips and $300 obc.

All the US agents, including CON, are quoting £2093 for a 2D now. Are you saying when you spoke to them they gave you the cabin for £1309?

Your earlier post said you had a C3 for £1465, are you referring to two different cruises?

All the US agents, including CON, are quoting £2093 for a 2D now. Are you saying when you spoke to them they gave you the cabin for £1309?

Your earlier post said you had a C3 for £1465, are you referring to two different cruises?

Nope. 10th May, Eclipse. 2D now sold out but CON have 2C for £1309 as I type this (from their live online website). We went for the C3 as there were two adjacent cabins at that grade.

Edited by kevinyork

Nope. 10th May, Eclipse. 2D now sold out but CON have 2C for £1309 as I type this (from their live online website). We went for the C3 as there were two adjacent cabins at that grade.

Well done, I don't know how you do it. The cheapest balcony cabins I can see are £1875 each (USD3069).

Well done, I don't know how you do it. The cheapest balcony cabins I can see are £1875 each (USD3069).

Ive just checked their site again (yet again). Same price as I said. Cannot post the link here but PM me and I will send it to you. Or email me at contact dot me @ virgin dot net for the link.

Ive just checked their site again (yet again). Same price as I said. Cannot post the link here but PM me and I will send it to you. Or email me at contact dot me @ virgin dot net for the link.

Sorry. Its contact dot me @virgin dot me