QM2 - Difference between cruise and crossing?

bazzaw

Good Morning Barry, Now I will stray from your original question. I admire your clever internet search to find the NYC crime map. But I want to emphasize that, a bit surprising to many, New York has become one of the safest cities in the US. I feel way safer there than ever before, and I have been traveling to NY for 40 years. Huge areas of Manhattan are now super-safe, and quite clean as well for such a dense crazy city. New York is way safer than my hometown, Oakland, and way cleaner than the city across the Bay, San Francisco. Now I know that crime in the US is a shameful issue and that the incidence of US street crime far exceeds that in Australia or Western Europe. But statistics show that New York, and especially Manhattan, have become quite safe. As far as a possible hotel location recommendation, for the sake of convenience, I recommend Times Square, Midtown, Chelsea, Soho, West Village, or Columbus Circle. If you are staying more than 3 nights, you might want to look for an apartment on one of the internet vacation apartment rental sites.

New York is a relatively safe city. But there's no guarantee that it will stay that way.

New York is a relatively safe city. But there's no guarantee that it will stay that way.

No one can predict the future, but I wouldn't let an article published by a conservative (or liberal) think tank in the heat of a mayoral election make me unduly anxious about visiting New York. Besides, the city's new police commissioner, Bill Bratton, first served under Rudy Giuliani, and whatever one may think of him, he's certainly no pussycat.