Sunshine or Dream

reneeadams

I need your input. Things that appeal to me about the Sunshine: 1. Seeing the updates. 2. Date and Itinerary. 3. Dining options. Things that appeal to me about the Dream (although I have done a lot less research): 1. Size (We do like a big ship). We have sailed The Conquest and Triumph and liked the size of Conquest. Oh gosh why am I over thinking this. I CANT BELIEVE I AM MICROMANAGING MY VACATION. YIKES!!!!!!!:eek: HELP

Start with timeframe, since they will be doing the same itineraries and switching in April. We'd love to do Sunshine, but the fact that it is moving before I have vacation time available means we are going to take our next cruise on the Dream.

Start with timeframe, since they will be doing the same itineraries and switching in April. We'd love to do Sunshine, but the fact that it is moving before I have vacation time available means we are going to take our next cruise on the Dream.

So, if the Sunshine was available for your time frame you would pick sunshine and if so, why?

I lived there when I was in high school (Edna Karr!) and still consider myself a local, even though that was 15 years ago.

My wife loves the place too, and we both have a long term goal of living there.

I made some great friends when I lived there and I visit them when we go on vacations, especially since that's pretty much the one place we've bothered to take a vacation.

I lived there when I was in high school (Edna Karr!) and still consider myself a local, even though that was 15 years ago.

I made some great friends when I lived there and I visit them when we go on vacations, especially since that's pretty much the one place we've bothered to take a vacation.

Your always welcome to come back home. Meanwhile enjoy your vacations here.

By the way, you know what they say "the westbank is the bestbank"

The Dream has been my favorite ship by far, but the Sunshine is a very unappealing ship to me personally. They both have nice waterparks. Although each waterpark is different, people who love slides will love both, although I think I would like Dream's a little more (Dream has the Drainpipe). Sunshine has the upgraded burritos & burgers, plus more extra pay restaurants. Those might be seen as good things by some people, but not by everyone, as there are some drawbacks to having those on the ship. Sunshine has the ropes course, which I thought was nice on Magic & Breeze, but Dream doesn't have it. But I didn't get a ton of use out of it.

Dream has much better entertainment, arguably the best entertainment & most live music of any Carnival ship. Meanwhile, the Sunshine has perhaps the worst entertainment in Carnival. Their style of shows has received a lot of harsh criticism (very short, very few performers, no live music, cheap, a ton of walk-outs during the shows). I didn't enjoy these types of shows on the Breeze. Plus, Sunshine's theater is so tiny (they shrunk it when they refurbished the ship). Many reports are that the theater is beyond full well before showtime. Dream's can fill up also by showtime, but you don't need to show up 30-45 minutes early, unless you want a great seat.

I sailed Dream about 7 months after she went into service. The early reports for the ship were horrible, and we regretted booking it. But we went, and had the best cruise ever! The problems had been fixed by the time we sailed. I've got my 3rd Dream cruise coming up next month! Sunshine is getting overall really bad reviews, & I don't know if the reports are going to get any better. Time will tell. I don't know if the ship is as crowded as people are saying it is (people said that about Dream too), but the statistics make it seem like it will be a very very crowded ship. I was on one cruise where it was nearly impossible to find a deck chair or a seat for anything unless you showed up ridiculously early (which it sounds like that's how Sunshine is). I very much disliked that aspect of that cruise. (That was on Magic, during Spring Break.) But some people aren't bothered by that at all, and maybe they also don't care about entertainment, in which case the Sunshine would be a nice choice for them.

Edited by k2excursion

The Dream has been my favorite ship by far, but the Sunshine is a very unappealing ship to me personally. They both have nice waterparks. Although each waterpark is different, people who love slides will love both, although I think I would like Dream's a little more (Dream has the Drainpipe). Sunshine has the upgraded burritos & burgers, plus more extra pay restaurants. Those might be seen as good things by some people, but not by everyone, as there are some drawbacks to having those on the ship. Sunshine has the ropes course, which I thought was nice on Magic & Breeze, but Dream doesn't have it. But I didn't get a ton of use out of it.

Dream has much better entertainment, arguably the best entertainment & most live music of any Carnival ship. Meanwhile, the Sunshine has perhaps the worst entertainment in Carnival. Their style of shows has received a lot of harsh criticism (very short, very few performers, no live music, cheap, a ton of walk-outs during the shows). I didn't enjoy these types of shows on the Breeze. Plus, Sunshine's theater is so tiny (they shrunk it when they refurbished the ship). Many reports are that the theater is beyond full well before showtime. Dream's can fill up also by showtime, but you don't need to show up 30-45 minutes early, unless you want a great seat.

I sailed Dream about 7 months after she went into service. The early reports for the ship were horrible, and we regretted booking it. But we went, and had the best cruise ever! The problems had been fixed by the time we sailed. I've got my 3rd Dream cruise coming up next month! Sunshine is getting overall really bad reviews, & I don't know if the reports are going to get any better. Time will tell. I don't know if the ship is as crowded as people are saying it is (people said that about Dream too), but the statistics make it seem like it will be a very very crowded ship. I was on one cruise where it was nearly impossible to find a deck chair or a seat for anything unless you showed up ridiculously early (which it sounds like that's how Sunshine is). I very much disliked that aspect of that cruise. (That was on Magic, during Spring Break.) But some people aren't bothered by that at all, and maybe they also don't care about entertainment, in which case the Sunshine would be a nice choice for them.

Thank you so much for your time. That is very helpful.

So you are in the perfect position to help me!!!!!!!

I guess I should have said we are going on both.

We want to go on Sunshine and was planning a summer trip. Due to the move, we are sailing over spring break. My DW works for a school so timing gets tough sometimes.

Our Dream trip will be a family trip in June.