"PRIORITY" Tendering - Who Trumps Who?

BEAV

Guests booked in AquaClass and Concierge Class do not receive priority tendering during port calls by virtue of their accommodation... They do get priority embarkation--via separate check-in line; sometimes helpful, sometimes not--at cruise start and priority disembarkation--via a dedicated departure lounge; sometimes helpful, sometimes not--at cruise conclusion...

Guests booked in all levels of accommodation--including AquaClass and Concierge Class--who have Elite status or higher [the website has been corrected/is now clear] in Captain's Club do receive priority tendering during intermediate port calls by virtue of their loyalty status, not their stateroom level...

Suite guests--regardless of Captain's Club membership/level--are provided with priority tendering...

Thank you for the correction. Since Concierge has it's own disembarkation lounge I just presumed they also got Priority tender tickets. I have been Elite for so long I don't remember what happened before.....

First off, you are quite correct. We were VIP guests, and were told that we could just go to the front; just did not feel right. Crew knew who we were and did nothing to ease this, so we just stood in line with everyone else. We did see others waiving their priority vouchers and demanding to be let off first. Not a pretty sight.

Agreed, on Eclipse 11/16-30/2013, we tendered in St Thomas. We did not have early tour scheduled so felt we had no reason to use the Priority Tender Tickets (Elite and RS accommodations) delivered to our cabin. Ours did not have any instructions on meeting place but did see CC host helping passengers with Priority Tickets in Ensemble Lounge at about 9:30 or 10.

We wandered down after an early lunch but did not feel comfortable bypassing the line to board tender in front of others. We did not see any crew of staff stationed anywhere other than at exit handing out maps and then manning the entry/exit points. Others did walk to the front of line, some with Priority tickets and others just saying "have to get off now or I will miss my tour". It was not always well received. We waited in line 32 minutes and watched the next 2 tenders jam packed.

So if your tender port is St Thomas don't assume you can get off quickly for a private tour. It is a very slow process at best. Most of it went very smoothly but you will always get a few who feel entitled to board tender at what ever time they want. They paid their fare and everyone else better get out of their way - ever seen them???? The same ones who have to jam on to the elevator holding 2 plates of food over their head and are going down 2 decks! After 3 cruises on X in 2013 I have decided civility is sadly lacking in many passengers and it is not the teenagers the mothers would be ashamed of...